People buying at MSRP=BS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I keep seeing posts about people buying at MSRP or less and only one actaully had proof. I have literally called dozens if not over a hundred dealers with raptors on their lots and not a single one will even come within 5k of msrp.
If you know of one please let me know but for now I think I am going to look for a Gen1 and be happy with that.

Call Ryan @LaFontaine Ford Birch Run.

He had a couple at MSRP.

Jason

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are plenty of posts in threads on FRF about buying at MSRP and it's being done all the time now.

You're in Las Vegas - I called all of the dealers in NV and, back in the Spring none of them were at MSRP. So I called other dealers further out and found mine at Laurel Ford in Montana at MSRP. You need to call all of the dealers - make a list and start calling them (you don't need to GO see them until you're picking up your truck).

The trucks are being sold at MSRP and you need to do your work to find one you like.

Last edited:

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered and paid MSRP with $0 deposit. Plenty of deals out there. No reason to think people are lying about paying MSRP.

My dealer is Johnson Sewell in Marble Falls, TX.

Last edited:

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep seeing posts about people buying at MSRP or less and only one actaully had proof. I have literally called dozens if not over a hundred dealers with raptors on their lots and not a single one will even come within 5k of msrp.
If you know of one please let me know but for now I think I am going to look for a Gen1 and be happy with that.

You aren't trying hard enough... Bought mine at MSRP even in Denver which is ridiculous, two of my friends have found ones in the Midwest at MSRP.

Lose the chip on your shoulder and I bet a deal happens.

OP
OP
R

Rowdy22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too was at msrp I bought in April. Here is a little hint it’s called Negotiating

wow nice one man. I sure haven't tried that one damn ill remember that. Get a life.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

>>> I have literally called dozens <<<

Don't expect to get what you are looking for while on the phone!
Go to the dealer that you find the truck you like, sit in the man's office and make an offer!!!!!!!!
With cash staring him in the face, they'll budge.

PS; You ain't gonna get that girl you been drooling over just by talking to her on the phone.
You better go pick her up, take her to a nice restaurant, maybe a movie or better yet a Play.
Get the idea!

I have done that at 2 here locally but its hard to do that 250 or more miles away so i have to use the phone. Maybe i should try to find some leftovers 17s?

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Thanks for everyone who gave actual advice or contacts. I have realized I am going to have to real open up the distance i am willing to drive do to the area i am in. To the rest who offered smart ass comments thanks for nothing but showing how ****** people are. I don't know why someone said I have a chip on my soldier its just I see tons of posts about MSRP but no proof that it happened and my current experience is that it doesn't.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid MSRP for my 17 back in August of 2016. Most dealers, including the one I bought from wanted $3K-$5K ADM dealer. I finally negotiated my way back to MSRP. They are out there, but it takes some legwork to get it. As for hearing about the MSRP deals but no proof, nobody owes you proof. I could find my invoice to post, but with your attitude, why should I?

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
see what we have here is an undercover troll/silver spoon guy.
lol its impossible to do this.

everyone spoon feeds how easy it is to do this.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone who gave actual advice or contacts. I have realized I am going to have to real open up the distance i am willing to drive do to the area i am in.

Almost everyone here is willing to help especially noobs who come here asking for help (and show they've done some searching on their own).

To the rest who offered smart ass comments thanks for nothing but showing how ****** people are. I don't know why someone said I have a chip on my soldier its just I see tons of posts about MSRP but no proof that it happened and my current experience is that it doesn't.

Someone said you have a chip on your soldier (sic) because you came here with an attitude. You said, "I keep seeing posts about people buying at MSRP or less and only one actaully (sic) had proof."

How often do you go onto an internet forum and tell them they don't have proof of their information? And what was your reception when you did that?

You don't need proof anyone here bought their Raptor at MSRP. No one else here got "proof." Take a leap of faith and do some research.

Find Ford dealers here in the West - you know how to Google? Then call them and tell them you're ready to buy a Raptor at MSRP and ask them what they have in stock or coming in.

Watch out, they may ask you for proof that you're ready to buy and expect YOU TO PAY THEM (a deposit).

Good luck. You're gonna need it.