Vinyl Interior Wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Thanks! and I'm not sure either. Would be pretty sick for sure. I think that's how this guy started and expanded to different vehicles. He does it right to keep it in high demand, only does batches so you have to pre-order and it may take several months for your stuff to come in. But it's well worth the wait.

Maverick Man Carbon

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've wrapped stuff in real 2x2 carbon fiber before. Of all things on the plastics of my old street legal Honda CRF50. I did it the old school way, no vacuum. It's really not that hard, just a little time consuming. It's really not too expensive, think paid $80 for all materials. Definitely something to consider, but only down side is putting it back together....the epoxy is decently thick.

You could find a place that'll use pre-preg carbon and vacuum and probably wouldn't be as thick. But then it'd cost some $$$.

What you should do is pull molds off the interior pieces, build/buy a vacuum system and make new replacement parts. Then it'd be some what easy to make more and you could sell them and recoup all your money back. :)

In case you didn't know, they make real carbon fiber overlays for our trucks. I've just never seen them installed

IMG_8538.jpg

ive always had this thought in mind, but doing to the interior parts on the inside of the truck. still thinking about doing it just not sure on how to do it and or what materials to buy to get the job done...

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
ive always had this thought in mind, but doing to the interior parts on the inside of the truck. still thinking about doing it just not sure on how to do it and or what materials to buy to get the job done...

Check out ebay, they sell kits that come with everything but sand paper.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had both actual CF covered parts and Hydro dipped. The Real CF is NICE but it is thick and heavy so can be a PIA depending on the part to fit it back. I have also done Hydro Dipped parts on a previous mustang and its nice. But to do it properly you need someone that is going to clear coat it with automotive grade clear coat with a few layers to protect it. I would require a matte/satin clear coat as I hate the glare gloss created on anything inside a vehicle.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had both actual CF covered parts and Hydro dipped. The Real CF is NICE but it is thick and heavy so can be a PIA depending on the part to fit it back. I have also done Hydro Dipped parts on a previous mustang and its nice. But to do it properly you need someone that is going to clear coat it with automotive grade clear coat with a few layers to protect it. I would require a matte/satin clear coat as I hate the glare gloss created on anything inside a vehicle.

I wouldn't think clear coating it would be a big deal at home, would it? Automotive paint suppliers have it in the cans and it is a pretty small area being coated.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't think clear coating it would be a big deal at home, would it? Automotive paint suppliers have it in the cans and it is a pretty small area being coated.

Long as you have a place you can set up a clean spay booth. Doing a quality clearcoat needs clean air or you will get debris in the clear. And when you are doing multiple layers it makes it so you can polish it out if its in a previous layer.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I had a Remington 870 SuperMag shotgun professionally hydrodipped several years ago for duck hunting. It looked nice after getting it back, but was disappointed how it held up in real world use. I always cased my gun when transporting it and was gentle with it when out of the case. Would I hydrodip a gun again? No. Would I do the interior, eh, maybe but probably not since it's permanent.