Technology Package worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wondered the same thing at first but it is really nice once you live with it for a while. The auto hi beams are cool and work great.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think in a few more years the standard cruise control will be obsolete but the adaptive. Adaptive is the new technology for cruise control, the standard has been around for way too long and I had it on my previous truck and never used it because I constantly have to break then it cancels then I have to reset and it just goes in circles...

Cruise control has been all but unusable for years now.

All that has changed with Adaptive Cruise. You can use it anywhere. If you even think you'd like to be able to use CC again go with the Tech Pkg for that reason alone.

CaptainInterwebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on a 60-70k truck I'm not sure why anyone cares about spending another 2k on functionality, even if you'll only use it on rare occasion. My buddy at work joked that he'd pay 2k for rain sensing wipers alone after having them for so long now. Granted, I've seen people buying 2k worth of stickers to remind them what their truck is called instead of the tech package so to each their own i guess.

Last edited:

wheelman76

Reaction score
I'm adding the tech package on my order simply for the collision mitigation... I can't say how many times the red lights lit up on my dash and saved me when I wasn't paying attention like I should have been.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
on a 60-70k truck I'm not sure why anyone cares about spending another 2k on functionality, even if you'll only use it on rare occasion. My buddy at work joked that he'd pay 2k for rain sensing wipers alone after having them for so long now. Granted, I've seen people buying 2k worth of stickers to remind them what their truck is called instead of the tech package so to each their own i guess.

It would be interesting to know who paid the 2k for stickers but opted out of the tech package because it wasn't "worth it"

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know who paid the 2k for stickers but opted out of the tech package because it wasn't "worth it"

Well, you got me wondering too so I checked some stats. For 2017, 8.5% of the Raptors made had NO tech package, but had both the exterior stickers and hood stickers. I'm actually depressed now.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm adding the tech package on my order simply for the collision mitigation... I can't say how many times the red lights lit up on my dash and saved me when I wasn't paying attention like I should have been.

Lol, if you could pay a little more attention please that would be great.

Best regards,
The other motorist

wheelman76

Reaction score
Lol, if you could pay a little more attention please that would be great.

Best regards,

The other motorist

I don’t want to talk about it [emoji16]. Funny thing though I had a 2013 f150 with out it and I had so many mishaps with that truck and knock on wood with my 2015 I haven’t had any accidents at all. Can’t say that’s all due to the tech package though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk