CAI advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to put a CAI on my 2018 raptor. I know a lot of you have already installed these and done tons of research on which one is the best on the market. So I'm looking to save some time and just get advice from you guys. Please tell me which CAI you would order if we're buying one today please and thanks for all your help guys I really do appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 112

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I recommend the AFE stage 2 intake. It has a separate pipe and filter for each intake tube and a cross over pipe to help equalize pressure. This style intake has proven to get the most gains on the twin turbo Ecoboost motors. I had one on a 2015 King Ranch Ecoboost and was very happy with it. Sounded really good too!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nick, I will look it up now

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

The 799.00 cai ? I guess it's the right one. It's pretty expensive but I will end up getting it

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Check out all they offer here and then shoot me a PM with which one you are interested in and shipping address and I'll send you a quote with your FRF discount

Induction | aFe POWER

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've done CAI (not on a Raptor) and personally speaking, I'll never do it again. It sounds good and once you drive it you'll convince yourself that the seat-of-the-pants feel is at least XX more HP. But from my experience the downside far exceeds the upside. CEL, air filter, susceptibility to water intake (depends on the setup and filter, etc.) and modifying the intake puts you more at risk for other possible warranty issues.

Just my opinion, just my experience. YMMV

<EDIT: SHIT! Now that SQUATCH aka "Mcnawsty" :flipthebird: has "liked" my post I want to delete it just because>

Last edited:

JeremyFXDWG

Reaction score
The Ingen is nice in that it is enclosed and takes in air from the factory location. Does not fix the potential CEL and warranty issues as referenced above.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
“CAI” or Cold Air Intake is the dumbest name for this mod.

Why?

Because none of the aftermarket “CAI’s” actually do the following:

1) Make the air Cold
2) Make the air cooler or colder than stock
3) Almost always bring in hotter air then the stock airbox

In this case, not one single aftermarket “CAI” offered for our trucks introduce any cooler temperature change in IAT’s then the stock airbox. You want cooler air? Upgrade your intercooler. This mod likely does nothing for power and only a little difference in sound. Any performance gain would be in the upper RPM band at the expense of low end torque.

Save your money and just buy a drop in dry air filter, and remove the intake silencers. You get a little more sound and airflow, but the same temps (or better), and you won’t need to worry about some a-hole dealer making a stink about it.