GEN 2 Tune 2017 ford raptor - yes!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's 3 motor issues more than I want to hear about. ZERO motor issues is what I'd want to hear before I do what you did..."Take my chances until I buy another raptor a few years down the road."

You can tap dance and justify your decision and your taking chances all you want. I and others want a Ford tune that will be protected under the factory and Ford ESPs.

Lol 3 is a great number considering other shops and those are for all vehicles for all time. i don't have to tap dance over anything, I made my decision I have fought and won a warranty battle before. I am 100% confident this tune and truck will last the amount of time I want. Keep waiting on Fords tune that is your right.

To answer DF4's question they told me directly. Now is 5Star liars as well? Why don't you call and ask for yourself.

This crap about they will void a warranty at the drop of a hat is just plain false. People spreading that crap need to be banned plain and simple. Ford has to prove what you did caused the failure. It's not as easy as saying " he tuned it, let's void it". If they do you have a slam dunk court case win and enjoy it.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score

pchmotoho

Reaction score
If you dig into some of their Turbo applications they claim 90HP on the Focus ST with plugs, intake and tune...... that is awesome!

I had (for a heartbeat) a Focus ST and I did the Ford tune. Outside of the Philippines or Korea it was the best money I ever spent.

It was around 500 installed and the results were amazing. IMHO I would never put a non Ford tune on. Keep it all Ford and have them do the work just for peace of mind.

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of this talk about how tunes do not void a warranty.

I am 49, I've spent 20 plus years in Ford dealerships. I've worked with Ford service departments the last ten years as a consultant.

Every single repair related to an engine for an internal failure that has a tune installed has been denied by Ford. Not a single repair has ever been warrantied if a tune is present and the engine fails.

Not one

Amount of people to successfully sue Ford Motor Company in court over these issues is zero. I'm not talking about some dealership getting sued I mean Ford themselves.

If you think for a second that you'll beat FMC in court your case will rot in limbo until you run out of cash to fight.

Take this to the bank, you will not win.

Last edited:

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the real question is what level of forensics is performed when there is an engine issue. I would think most guys would simply remove the tune before taking it in, correct? In the cases you’re referring to, did the owner take their truck in with the tune installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt6951

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I am 49, I've spent 20 plus years in Ford dealerships. I've worked with Ford service departments the last ten years as a consultant.

Every single repair related to an engine for an internal failure that has a tune installed has been denied by Ford. Not a single repair has ever been warrantied if a tune is present and the engine fails.

Not one

Amount of people to successfully sue Ford Motor Company in court over these issues is zero. I'm not talking about some dealership getting sued I mean Ford themselves.

If you think for a second that you'll beat FMC in court your case will rot in limbo until you run out of cash to fight.

That's not true, I had a 13 that was tuned and the short block was replaced under warranty. It had a crack in the piston sleave. Truck had full exhaust, intake, tune, a boost gauge in the cab.. never heard a word about it. They just replaced it.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

I think the real question is what level of forensics is performed when there is an engine issue. I would think most guys would simply remove the tune before taking it in, correct? In the cases you’re referring to, did the owner take their truck in with the tune installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the most common thing they look for is key cycles. How many times has the truck been turned off and on. If you did a kam reset or removed the battery for a period of time, it would reset that number anyways.. just pull your tune, and tell them you replaced the battery. I doubt they will dig much deeper.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not one

Legally, aftermarket tunes void factory warranties 100% of the time

Practically speaking, you might not get caught

Some dealers themselves will warranty the tune, but that means you have to return to that dealer for work - you've still lost the OEM go to any dealer warranty

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Legally, aftermarket tunes void factory warranties 100% of the time

Practically speaking, you might not get caught

Some dealers themselves will warranty the tune, but that means you have to return to that dealer for work - you've still lost the OEM go to any dealer warranty

To your credit you did state "while a tune is present " however there are ways to work around this i.e. returning to stock before going for service. However with newer gen2 ecoboost more advanced solid state memory this may be becoming more difficult.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To your credit you did state "while a tune is present " however there are ways to work around this i.e. returning to stock before going for service. However with newer gen2 ecoboost more advanced solid state memory this may be becoming more difficult.

There's no way around it if corporate sends a tech

All tunes are discoverable, all tunes leave lots of traces

Your local dealer might not notice it, but if you grenade your engine (rare) and corporate sends a tech, he'll find the traces