HELP! In search of 2018 Raptor @ MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DooBs

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm new to to forum, and very eager to join the Raptor owners club!

I'm looking for a new 2018 Ford Raptor. :party36:
I am located in Los Angeles, CA, but if I can't find one in California, I'm willing to ship from our of state.

- Shadow Black with Black Leather Interior
- 802A Equipment Group
- Carbon Fiber Package
- Tailgate Step w/ Tailgate Lift Assist
- Power Moonroof - Twin-Panel
- 17" Aluminum Bead Lock Wheels

Optional Extras
- Hood & Exterior Graphics Package
- Raptor Technology Package
- Foldable Pickup Box Bed Extender
- Bedliner - Spray-in

I'm looking to pay MSRP which would come out to $72,335 with the optional extras, and $67,665 without.
After browsing several forums I'm finding this is very possible, and surprisingly some are picking them up below MSRP! :jawdrop:

I'm a very motivated buyer and would like to make this purchase as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for any leads!
I hope to hear from some of you soon.

:favorites13:

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what you're going to have to do. Read the forums and put in the hours. Start calling dealers and plainly state that you are ready to buy an place a deposit at MSRP and just thank them for their time if it doesn't work out. Do not burn bridges at this point. Keep a spreadsheet or track in some type of CRM of who you call and who you talk to because at some point you'll be chasing over ten leads at once waiting for call backs and whatnot from general sales managers. There are many threads and posts in the threads tracking orders and folks that started threads looking for MSRP on these trucks right on this forum. You'll find a dealer somewhere likely in the middle of the US that will take an order and do a courtesy delivery to your dealership so there won't be any extra shipping fees on top of the destination and delivery already charged. Search for "courtesy delivery" on here.

Expect a few month wait.

Stay away from threads or getting caught up in posts talking about way below MSRP. It's just not realistic.

Also, You may find something on raptorfinder.com that shows trucks that are already built and you can locate them for a fee but be advised that some of these trucks on there are retail orders like mine that are already spoken for.

OP
OP
D

DooBs

Reaction score
Here's what you're going to have to do. Read the forums and put in the hours. Start calling dealers and plainly state that you are ready to buy an place a deposit at MSRP and just thank them for their time if it doesn't work out. Do not burn bridges at this point. Keep a spreadsheet or track in some type of CRM of who you call and who you talk to because at some point you'll be chasing over ten leads at once waiting for call backs and whatnot from general sales managers. There are many threads and posts in the threads tracking orders and folks that started threads looking for MSRP on these trucks right on this forum. You'll find a dealer somewhere likely in the middle of the US that will take an order and do a courtesy delivery to your dealership so there won't be any extra shipping fees on top of the destination and delivery already charged. Search for "courtesy delivery" on here.

Expect a few month wait.

Stay away from threads or getting caught up in posts talking about way below MSRP. It's just not realistic.

Also, You may find something on raptorfinder.com that shows trucks that are already built and you can locate them for a fee but be advised that some of these trucks on there are retail orders like mine that are already spoken for.

All this hard work to get one is making it more exciting.
Hopefully it doesn't tip over to being so exhausting I loose interest.
I started with a dealer search on ford, but it only gave me the 25 closest.
Now moved on to autotrader and slowing going down the list and contacting the 170+ listed cars. Feeling hopeful since there are so many available.
If under MSRP is available I'd pounce on it, but would be very happy with MSRP.

Thank you I definitely appreciate the help!

A week too late yikes they do go fast.

Nick610s

Reaction score
Yeah the fact that there are a lot of trucks sitting at dealers is not changing their minds about markup. over 100 in CA. so much for exclusivity.

GutweinMCP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have an allocation and just placed an order but is early enough it could be changed, pending any constraints from the factory. Currently the optional wheels and carbon fiber package are not available. All ours are at MSRP, lemme know. It won't last long.

OP
OP
D

DooBs

Reaction score
We have an allocation and just placed an order but is early enough it could be changed, pending any constraints from the factory. Currently the optional wheels and carbon fiber package are not available. All ours are at MSRP, lemme know. It won't last long.

What a tease!
Unfortunately Carbon fiber and the beadlock wheels are a necessity.
I really appreciate you reaching out to help.
Thank you

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can help you get one in NC but that's along ways from you. Ford in Sanford nc and where I got mine at Precision Ford in lilington nc. Msrp on 18. They should be ordering a new one soon since I got the 1 they had. Someone should call them

mcote1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Akins Ford in Winder, GA had 9 trucks yesterday, of which 4 or so are black. My guess would be $700-$1000 to ship. I purchased mine there and paid MSRP in June. If you are legit interested in one they have I’d be happy to make a call, but I ask you don’t waste my time

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goto shop.ford.com.

Buzz by all the addons and then do a dealer search. You can specify a zip and a radius search of 100mi. Start calling.

When you exhaust that area, change the zip. Use zips in major metro areas is the easiest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk