GEN 2 My First Truck, 2017 Ford Raptor Supercrew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

image98

Reaction score
Forscan

Can you elaborate how one can do the FORSCAN? Did you do it yourself? Did a shop do it for you? I am in Southern Cal too.

Thanks.

Hi, I learned about Forscan on this forum. if you search, there are a couple of threads that will walk you through the entire process. I purchased an USB OBD interface from amazon for $30 bucks and ran the Forscan PC software on my PC.

Forscan thread

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/forscan-changes-tweak-your-truck-52149/

USB Device

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Bluetooth Device

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006NZTZLQ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

How much of the upol is needed to do four wheel wells? Was there any left over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used about three liters (three bottles), but with this being my first application of the product, I wasted a fair amount on test surfaces like plywood and cardboard. I also applied three heavy coats, so two liters certainly could be adequate.

carholic

Reaction score
Thanks. Don't own a PC. I wonder if there is anyone that will do it for a charge. Better than me going out buying a PC.

OP
OP
I

image98

Reaction score
Rear Sway Bar Performance

xBryanHoodsx said:
Hey

Saw you put on the helwig sway bar is that the same part as for the regular f150 and how much of a difference does it make for the street handling of the truck.

Thanks

Bryan

Hi, I contacted Hellwig directly and they gave me that part number for the Raptor. Yes, it's the same kit for the standard F-150. The end links are adjustable. The U-Bolts are not 100 percent centered, but otherwise everything bolted in seamlessly. Street cornering and handling has improved tremendously. Prior to the install, I could feel the bed tilting through corners, but now its perfectly level and the trucks feels more balanced. I really wish Ford had included a rear sway bar as stock equipment, but with an electronic disconnect.

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran one of these on my 2011 Harley edition and really like it. Of course this was a different animal but cornering was greatly improved, always thought they should have installed one from the factory.

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Quick question about the UPR catch can install. I bought one for my 2018 and I was almost done with the install until I couldn't remove the intake pipe in order to drill and install the WOT hose. Did you have hard time taking that pipe off? I losened the clamps on both ends and I can't pull the damn thing off. Seems like it's secured to something somewhere else.

OP
OP
I

image98

Reaction score
Removing the Intake Tube for UPR Catch Can

Looks great! Quick question about the UPR catch can install. I bought one for my 2018 and I was almost done with the install until I couldn't remove the intake pipe in order to drill and install the WOT hose. Did you have hard time taking that pipe off? I losened the clamps on both ends and I can't pull the damn thing off. Seems like it's secured to something somewhere else.

Thanks. Yes, it was a tight squeeze removing the intake pipe as it's squeezed between the turbo intake pipe and a pad fastened to the right hand wheel well. I do think there are minor differences between the 2017 and 2018 Raptor intake. There were no additional fasteners holding my intake in place.

OP
OP
I

image98

Reaction score
Wiring Upfitter Switches

I plan on installing LED lights and a light bar so I decided it was best to prep the upfitter switches and wiring. I wanted to go with a quick disconnect and waterproof type connection. After some research, I settled on the Deutsch 2-pin connector housings and created my own 14 gauge ground wires.

IMG_4805hd.jpg

The stock upfitter wires are short.

Upfitterfuses.png

IMG_4808hd.jpg

My ground wires assembled. I ran them all to the left bolt of the ECU.

IMG_4809hd.jpg

I don’t have to worry about anything shorting out and I can quickly rearrange my devices without rewiring.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice I think I need your help lol you seem pretty handy.

Ordered a Rigid 40" midnight curved light bar for the front bumper and some of their midnight cubes for the fog pockets.

Where ats do you live? I am in Simi Valley. I am good with mounting etc but I have no clue about wiring etc and don't really want to pay a shop to do it.

Good job!