Brake rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
does anyone have some long term reviews of them?

they were pretty big in the nissan world like 8-10 years ago but a lot of people just had issues with them. rotors and pads literally breaking apart under normal use. corrosion or large amounts of rust eating the rotor prematurely.

not wanting anyone to stay away, just more curious since i have seen a lot of people over here praise them.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

So I had to go to Amazon to see what the fuse was all about here.
I assume @beadblaster that you are talking about this kit?
http://a.co/hFbYw2a

First off this is NOT the package we sell. All our packages have been upgraded to the Carbon Geomet Series rotors (free of charge) that has rust prevention and sound dampening coating. We do NOT use the R1 Concepts pads. We have tested them and they do not live up to our standards. We sell a package that has been tested with 100+'s of Raptors that we know provides the best possible performance for how we drive these trucks.

And second, those are 7 lug nut rotors for that price. So go ahead and order those for your raptor and get with me afterwards when you end up having to return them because they do not fit. Hopefully Amazon lets you ship them back on their dime when it clearly shows the lug count, otherwise these are not cheap to ship back....

We do still have OUR package on sale right now during the Raptoberfest event following a week afterwards. @Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute...

I just ordered this kit from you and you said it was "The kit to have"

Isnt this RI pads? and are these Geomet rotors?

Bill

Attachments

• 20170928_124230.jpg
    20170928_124230.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 63
R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Bill

Who did you buy these from?
I do not see where you MSG me here. Was it Chris by chance? @Chris@FreedomMotorsports

The rotors look like the Premier ones due to the black hat. The Carbon Geomets do not have that as it is not needed. We do not sell the R1 pads unless the customer insist that is what they want.

Here is the kit we sell (Geomet is what we have upgraded to unless a customer wants the Premier, which we can still get in the meantime):

https://www.freedommotorsportsraptorstore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1126_1128_1370

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bill

Bill ordered through me personally and the order that I sent to the warehouse at R1Concepts was for the Posi Quiet pads we have used for years. I just sent a message to my rep to get those R1 pads replaced. I have tested the R1 pads and I do not like them. More dust, I have heard squeaking I have never heard with the Posi Quiet pads and I now have heat marks around my rotors. Do not use those pads.

I do apologize for that mixup, but rest assured that I am getting that resolved.

For the rotors you received, they are the Premier series rotors that I have also provided for years to the Raptor community. The Geomet rotors are brand new offerings that just became available for the Raptor just after you purchased your package. But other than promises from R1Concepts about their being slightly better than the Premier series version, I have not personally tested them Geomet rotors as yet. We did just install a full set of Geomet rotors on a 2010 Raptor this past week and will be keeping an eye on them to see how they do (my son's truck so it is first hand testing)

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill ordered through me personally and the order that I sent to the warehouse at R1Concepts was for the Posi Quiet pads we have used for years. I just sent a message to my rep to get those R1 pads replaced. I have tested the R1 pads and I do not like them. More dust, I have heard squeaking I have never heard with the Posi Quiet pads and I now have heat marks around my rotors. Do not use those pads.

I do apologize for that mixup, but rest assured that I am getting that resolved.

For the rotors you received, they are the Premier series rotors that I have also provided for years to the Raptor community. The Geomet rotors are brand new offerings that just became available for the Raptor just after you purchased your package. But other than promises from R1Concepts about their being slightly better than the Premier series version, I have not personally tested them Geomet rotors as yet. We did just install a full set of Geomet rotors on a 2010 Raptor this past week and will be keeping an eye on them to see how they do (my son's truck so it is first hand testing)

So you want me to wait for the replacement pads to come in?

Bill