Drop ship Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WARaptor20

Reaction score
Has anyone else on here ordered from somewhere else in the US and had the Raptor shipped to their local dealer? If so how did the process work? Was your dealer willing to do it without any bogus fees?

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Raptor on order due in to a dealer in the Iowa around mid-Oct., and wil be shipping it to CA.

He's shipped two other Raptors (one to the West coast and the other back East).

Estimated cost is $1k-$1,600 from Iowa to CA (range is depending on open or closed carrier). No other added costs.

EDIT: I just re-read your post - that's shipping to me. Shipping to a Dealer shouldn't incur you any added costs.

Last edited:

Poodles84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a truck on order from PA and they are shipping directly to CA from Ford. The out of state dealer must setup with one local to you for pickup. In my case it's $350 for 'courtesy delivery' at my local dealer since they have to unwrap and prep new truck. Not bad at all in my opinion since people are paying $20k over in Kalifornistan.

I've heard of some dealers charging $2k. Depending on where you are, I have a few deals in SoCal who are reasonable about the process (<$500).

The out of state dealer never sees the truck so be sure to inspect before taking delivery.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Ordered in Texas will drop ship via Ford Courtesy delivery to Oregon. Receiving dealer charging $300 for the PDI. I tried to buy from the dealer that will be receiving it. They were $10k over. Being greedy made them $300 instead of the full MSRP profit. Idiots.

It is up to the receiving dealer how much they charge for the courtesy delivery. They also have the option of not accepting a courtesy delivery. The dealer I ordered from asked where I wanted it shipped. I gave them the dealer's name and address. They arranged it from there and confirmed with me that the $300 fee was acceptable. It did take me some searching to find a dealer willing to do the courtesy delivery.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ordered in Texas will drop ship via Ford Courtesy delivery to Oregon. Receiving dealer charging $300 for the PDI. I tried to buy from the dealer that will be receiving it. They were $10k over. Being greedy made them $300 instead of the full MSRP profit. Idiots.

It is up to the receiving dealer how much they charge for the courtesy delivery. They also have the option of not accepting a courtesy delivery. The dealer I ordered from asked where I wanted it shipped. I gave them the dealer's name and address. They arranged it from there and confirmed with me that the $300 fee was acceptable. It did take me some searching to find a dealer willing to do the courtesy delivery.

Yep, that dealer is a total idiot. He definitely should have sacrificed $10,300 in profits just to make you happy.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Yep, that dealer is a total idiot. He definitely should have sacrificed $10,300 in profits just to make you happy.

Dealer has 11 2018 allocations. My deal they would have made a sure thing $7k profit. Instead they wish to gamble that the market will still hold a $10k markup. I may not be the sharpest businessman, but I would take a sure $7k profit on a few units to generate interest in other buyers. They have contacted me a total of 8 times either by phone or email. Each time they stick to their guns. Last contact I told them my order has been placed. In my book they were fools. Maybe in the end they will get their $10k on each one. More power to them. Won't be from me.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer has 11 2018 allocations. My deal they would have made a sure thing $7k profit. Instead they wish to gamble that the market will still hold a $10k markup. I may not be the sharpest businessman, but I would take a sure $7k profit on a few units to generate interest in other buyers. They have contacted me a total of 8 times either by phone or email. Each time they stick to their guns. Last contact I told them my order has been placed. In my book they were fools. Maybe in the end they will get their $10k on each one. More power to them. Won't be from me.

I agree with you 100%!

You are not the sharpest businessman.

They didn't give up the $7k "sure" profit. That will still be there in a few months. But they MAY turn that into a $17k profit if they find the right buyer. Or maybe negotiate down to a $12k profit. They would be stupid to not mark up if that is possible in your location.

Stick to getting a paycheck from whomever pays you one and leave the "business" to the professionals.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I agree with you 100%!

You are not the sharpest businessman.

They didn't give up the $7k "sure" profit. That will still be there in a few months. But they MAY turn that into a $17k profit if they find the right buyer. Or maybe negotiate down to a $12k profit. They would be stupid to not mark up if that is possible in your location.

Stick to getting a paycheck from whomever pays you one and leave the "business" to the professionals.

Yep, the 2017's sitting on their lot tells me they made the right decision.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, the 2017's sitting on their lot tells me they made the right decision.

You still don't understand business. You can't evaluate their decisions until you see the final sale price and how long it took them to sell.

For example, if the vehicle sat on their lot for a full year but they sold it for $3k over sticker then it was easily the right call.

But enough business lessons for the night, any more and I would have to charge you!

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the old saying "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" doesn't apply to Raptors. :)

Mike