GEN 2 Whipple Performance Upgrade Kit and Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Whipple Tune has gone through durability testing and is 50 State legal.
Can't say what Ford Racing/Performance will do, it would be all here say and misleading information at this point and time.
I can say Whipple and Ford SVT took two years of R&D to make the Whipple kit for the 6.2L Raptor before I got mine in the spring of 2012
I waited a year and half before they finally shipped mine to the SVT dealership. When SVT was still a thing. LOL

Not a Raptor but who knows what the future will bring.
Also Whipple and Shelby are very busy working together.
https://www.facebook.com/whipplesuperchargers/posts/10154905520092322

Last edited:

Glamisfan

Reaction score
I'm Thinking whipple is the FP tune it just needs to clear all govt testing regulations for longevity etc[/quote]

That’s what I been wondering/thinking too.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking I don't care about 50 state carb compliance. I'm thinking I've heard enough Whipple fear mongering too.

If you read this thread MR Whipple and his fanboys will tell you every tune is bad and only theirs is the path to salvation.

News flashes. They haven't set a single truck ecoboost record that I'm aware. They are beating the drum as to how great their tune is without posting a dyno graph. They want to sell you a kit with an intercooler that most people don't need.

I'll say it one last time. It sounds like a perfectly fine mild tune. I'll be happy to let you admire my tail lights at the next traffic light.

QUOTE=Glamisfan;1197805]I'm Thinking whipple is the FP tune it just needs to clear all govt testing regulations for longevity etc[/quote]

That’s what I been wondering/thinking too.[/QUOTE]

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dyno chart has been on their website since the kit was announced. It's been posted/linked on the forum many times.

Unless your disposable income is significantly higher than mine, I think you'd have to be nuts to let some chop shop tune a brand new motor in a brand new truck. I can only imagine what a shiny new EB 3.5 HO TT costs from Ford. Sounds expensive, though.

But hey, I love it when other people find the edge for me. :biggrin:

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking I don't care about 50 state carb compliance. I'm thinking I've heard enough Whipple fear mongering too.

If you read this thread MR Whipple and his fanboys will tell you every tune is bad and only theirs is the path to salvation.

News flashes. They haven't set a single truck ecoboost record that I'm aware.

[/QUOTE]

I don't want records I want driveability, power, sustainability...

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score

News flashes. They haven't set a single truck ecoboost record that I'm aware. They are beating the drum as to how great their tune is without posting a dyno graph. They want to sell you a kit with an intercooler that most people don't need.

I'll say it one last time. It sounds like a perfectly fine mild tune. I'll be happy to let you admire my tail lights at the next traffic light.

Not one time did I or Whipple claim the MPT Tune is bad!
Us long time Raptor owners have seen this with H_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and some other speed shops.
Time is the only factor that's missing.

BTW, When the Stage 2 is ready you won't be saying that any longer. OK MR. MPT FAN BOY!!!! LMAO

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey buddy, long time no talk. Whipple said it's not ready yet. didn't give a time frame.
You still have both Raptors?