Cold Air Intake Suggestions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lvans27

Reaction score
Thinking of getting an intake and was going to go with either a Rousche or K&N...Does it really matter? If so any suggestions...

Oregon Trail

Reaction score
I looked at the Rousch, but didn't like the design of open top inside the hot engine compartment. I went with the S&B because of the closed design and that it pulls all of the air from outside using the stock lower part of the air box with their larger intake snorkel. It was a great fit with easy to install instructions.

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
S@B with cleanable filter. Quality is outstanding, I also added a prefilter sock.

Attachments

• 20170512_131653.jpg
    20170512_131653.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 20170727_162547.jpg
    20170727_162547.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 88

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have some vendors on site, 5 Star is top notch, their tech and service departments are outstanding.

Bill

Last edited:

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes a little louder but not as bad as an open airbox. Throttle response and acceleration were noticable, though you still have naysayers. I went with a Gibson catback, dual tip pass side. Couldnt hear CAI after that. Im running a 5 Star 93 octane street tune and its a great combo for a daily driver. Was getting around 13.5mpg city now 12.6mpg city. 93 Performance tune is insane but get around 9.6mpg city and tend to drive it alot faster with that tune. The S&B performance increase by itself is noticable. I have the 6.2L. Dont know about tje 3.5l all Ive read is that it throws codes with almost any mod. Emissions strictor and computers smarter. Would be nice to have 2 turbos on the 6.2L, hell 850hp all day

Joe.RealTruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
S&B and AFE intakes are my 2 goto companies when it comes to quality and performance.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with K&N as that was what was on my last F150 and I liked the setup. No change in noise level from stock on this truck. The K&N included dyno data sheet was impressive.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
AFE and Injen make great intakes! I ran both of them on my Gen 1 and both were very good. I preferred the Injen slightly. Let us know if we can help you with your purchase, we offer discounts to the members here! just shoot me a PM with whatever you are interested in