GEN 2 Whipple Performance Upgrade Kit and Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
User formerly known as sasquatch77 posting in this thread and still with 2 more accounts I know of.

Time to start whining to the mods again and get his/her remaining accounts banned too.

Whipple Charged

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are the stage 1 parts used in stage 2 ie a clean upgrade path or do we have to rebuy some stage 1 components

Air kit but there other parts are different. But everything is swappable and there will be many configurations so nobody is out any parts.

KWT

Reaction score
Hello Whipple,

I have a Roush CAI, can I just do the Tune+Intercooler?

I want to save some money since I have a CAI already, or do I need to switch my CAI to the whipple CAI? I am currently scheduled to drop my truck to you guys but I am starting to worry about the Roush instake being mixed with your intercooler and tune and that it won't work correctly.

How safe will it be?

DallasDave

Reaction score
Wow! Like I said this is just my opinion. No need to insult someone.

I've reviewed their product but have always been a fan of factory PCM tuning. Have a friend at ford soon so not worried about voided warranty issues if I have a problem.

Now for another subject. I've had the top Performance shop in the metroplex and a guy that travels all over refuse to work on 2nd Gen Raptors due to blown motors issues. Tuner guy said Ford has them wrapped pretty tight on power from the factory and doesn't feel comfortable working on them. Has anyone else experienced this?

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Like I said this is just my opinion. No need to insult someone.

I've reviewed their product but have always been a fan of factory PCM tuning. Have a friend at ford soon so not worried about voided warranty issues if I have a problem.

Now for another subject. I've had the top Performance shop in the metroplex and a guy that travels all over refuse to work on 2nd Gen Raptors due to blown motors issues. Tuner guy said Ford has them wrapped pretty tight on power from the factory and doesn't feel comfortable working on them. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'll be nice with this..... if this was true you think whipple and every tuner out there would be working on them.... you got guys coming from the gtr world now modding these trucks....and FOrd performance is coming out with their own aftermarket tune supposedly .... so think about that

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be nice with this..... if this was true you think whipple and every tuner out there would be working on them.... you got guys coming from the gtr world now modding these trucks....and FOrd performance is coming out with their own aftermarket tune supposedly .... so think about that

Ummmm... just to chime in...

The second gen ecoboost in the Raptor has been out for a whopping 10 months???? And many of them didn't ship or get received until the spring.

What is this "tuner's" sample size? Where are all these blown motors? He's full of crap. He's not working on them because he either doesn't know how or doesn't want to invest in the platform.

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does Whipple have a warranty available for the tune? I believe that 5 Star does offer a warranty. I blew my engine when it had an MPT tune on it. Not saying it was the tune's fault, I really don't know, and fortunately my dealer covered the engine under warranty, but if it happened again I wouldn't be surprised if I got push back. So, it would be nice to have a backup warranty.