Raptor Shenanigans Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorShennanigans

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stage 1

So I've decided that I'm going to have SDHQ to my entire build. I'll share a few reasons to why. First is that they do high quality work, real high quality work. Second is because they don't judge me because I don't know everything about everything. And lastly they keep it real and don't try to sell me shit I don't need or want. In fact they've already saved me some money.

As you follow this build know that because I don't know everything about everything and that I'm still learning a lot about this truck and what to do with it I may make some mistakes in my approach. I'm ok with it because in the end it will be a bad ass truck that will be capable of doing whatever I want, including running to Starbucks occasionally! ;)

I grew up sitting in my dads jeeps, land cruisers, and trucks while he bogged in the river bottoms and up north in the snow. He passed when I was 9 so unfortunately he didn't get to teach me the ways, so for that I'm still learning. Yes at the age of 40, I'm still learning.. Crazy idea I know. But I'm one of the few that didn't figure everything out by the age of 17. So I may ask an occasional annoying question, or need more clarity on things, but it's because I love this sport and love being outside in the dirt/mud/snow/whatever! So I don't care if you drive a million horsepower Gen 1 or a 200 HP Taco, if you have something to teach me, I'm all ears. But if you're going to point out how much better you or your truck is to mine then GTFOH because I ain't got time for that! I have a high level of humility in my build and my knowledge of off-roading. But that doesn't mean I will put up with an idiot who thinks they have it all figured out.

I've been happy with everything we've done so far and will update as I get things done. I appreciate any constructive, intelligent thoughts and suggestions. I'll be posting my thoughts on stage 2 and it's still up for discussion and I'm waiting on the CFO to sign off on the budget sheet before I move forward. But if you have thoughts there, I welcome them. But if they sound like "Sell it and buy a Gen 1" keep that junk to yourself! I bought this truck for a reason, if I wanted a Gen 1, I would have bought one. That simple.

I'm heading out to my first Arizona Raptor Run this weekend (9/16/17) for the Rim Run, and I can't wait! I hope to meet some cool peeps, learn a few things, and get Lucille a little dirty! I've taken her out a few times and one trip to Moab Utah so far but haven't done anything too crazy. Although Schafer Switchbacks was awesome and beautiful, nothing too challenging for me or the truck.

So here's what we've done so far!

- aFe Mach Force-XP 3½" 409 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System - Rear Exit
- Icon Attitude adjustment collars, adjusted all the way to 2.25"
- SDHQ A-Pillar mounts
- Baja Design XL80 A-Pillar lights
- Kenwood VHF radio
- 3rd break light antenna mount
- Two quick release whip mounts bed of the truck
- ARB ON-BOARD HIGH PERFORMANCE 12 VOLT TWIN AIR COMPRESSOR (CKMTA12)
- Stubby .50 Cal antenna

I'll load some photos shortly! On to stage two!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorShennanigans

RaptorShennanigans

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stage 2

Got the truck back from SDHQ and very impressed with the outcome.

List of work done.

- Custom front bumper, Warn Zeon 12-S Winch, Ultrahook, custom 40" arc bar from BD, Squadron Sport fogs (amber/white).

- Custom rear bumper, sustained all sensors, tow capacity (or lack thereof), BD S2 reverse lights

- Customer bed rack (Pro Eagle Jack, Two 5 gallon jugs, Two Spares, Power Tank 10lb, Tool, Fluids Storage box)

- Two BD squadron sport amber chase lights

- Switchpros with custom 3-D printed pod over factory switches

- Deavers +3

- Six Icon Rebound wrapped with Toyo 37x12.5X17

- ADD Intercooler

- AFE stage 2 intake

- Two bedside fire extinguishers

Some misc....

- Powder coated the SDHQ A-Pillar light mounts to match the truck

- Spray in bed liner

- Bubba rope stuff

Next up is suspension once they get it all in... Yes, I'm doing Icon front and rear. And some glass so I don't blow out factory fenders.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff but I love how it's coming along. The only thing I'll be changing is how the exhaust comes out past the bumper. I'll have them shorten those up and tuck them behind the bumper. I love the look but love the functionality of it more.

Now to go get it dirty!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_7e44.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_7e44.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 191
  • fullsizeoutput_7e4e.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_7e4e.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 191
  • fullsizeoutput_7e47.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_7e47.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 185
  • fullsizeoutput_7e48.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_7e48.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 178
  • fullsizeoutput_7e4f.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_7e4f.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 191
  • fullsizeoutput_7e50.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_7e50.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_4655.jpg
    IMG_4655.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 177
  • fullsizeoutput_7e51.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_7e51.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 170
  • fullsizeoutput_7e46.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_7e46.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 167
  • fullsizeoutput_7e45.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_7e45.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorShennanigans

RaptorShennanigans

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Build Pics

Some stage 1 pics so far.. More to come!

Attachments

• IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0751.jpg
    IMG_0751.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0755.jpg
    IMG_0755.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg