Gen 2 snorkel ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So with all this flooding and hurricane/ earthquake drama going on, and myself being in a hurricane and earthquake prone area; I find myself wondering if there are any options for a gen 2 raptor snorkel? And if so do they absolutely require us to cut into the fender? I'm not saying I absolutely want a snorkel full time either. But one that ran through the side vents and could be removed in case I'm taking it out and possibly crossing some deep water or find myself in a situation where it's needed. So does anyone have a suggestion or some guidance.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'd have to snorkel the breather hole for the transmission and maybe the axles also. I don't think I've seen a kit for either raptor out

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Interesting topic though I'd like to know if there was a way also

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

If you're not going to waterproof everything else, it's a total waste of money.

All of the electrical, your differentials, your cab (if you care about that.. but if I had an $70,000 vehicle, I would) any vent tubes need to be relocated.. Etc.

A lot more goes into making a vehicle survive in sustained deep water than just a $200 snorkel.

*taken from Payton Ray

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^What Rick said, but I'll go further. If you intentionally take a vehicle that you paid $70,000 of your personally hard-earned money into deep water, you're a certifiable idiot. Get a farking boat. They're cheaper and much better in the water. Can't afford a boat? Then you can't afford to properly prepare your Raptor for deep water operations. Buy fins and a mask. Even masks at CVS pharmacy come with a snorkel.

marsh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^What Rick said, but I'll go further. If you intentionally take a vehicle that you paid $70,000 of your personally hard-earned money into deep water, you're a certifiable idiot. Get a farking boat. They're cheaper and much better in the water. Can't afford a boat? Then you can't afford to properly prepare your Raptor for deep water operations. Buy fins and a mask. Even masks at CVS pharmacy come with a snorkel.

After just living through the Houston floods and getting caught in deep water it's not something you intentionally do.

OP
OP
DrifterGTR

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After just living through the Houston floods and getting caught in deep water it's not something you intentionally do.

This is my point. I live in SC, and spend a fair amount of time in Ga and northern Fl. Just in the last two years I've had two historic floods, an ice storm and two hurricanes. And that's not even mentioning any type of rain in Charleston. 20 minutes of rain will put you in at least a foot of water, and heaven help you if it's been raining all day. The bottom line is I just don't want to hydro lock my engine because I happen to be down town or out in the woods... or my driveway because of crazy weather that happens.