Pulling the trigger on a new Raptor, Black vs. Avalanche Grey

Shadow Black or Avalanche Grey

• Shadow Black

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Avalanche Grey

Votes: 36 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRaptor

Reaction score
So I'm about to buy my first raptor. Initially I looked at lighting blue, but I phased that color out, so now its left with Shadow Black or Avalanche Grey.

Want to get an idea on members that owns both colors, are black truck that hard to keep clean? Also, the AG is about 8K more than the black, not sure if it's worth it for me to get for the price difference, but it is a discontinued color so maybe some value there in the future.

Thanks guys, regardless, I cannot wait to get my hands on one!

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor is not a limited run exotic that is going to magically hold its value or appreciate. So the color isn't going to do jack shit for values down the line.

Black is a real PITA to keep clean for more than 30 seconds, and hides all the contrasts between trim and painted surfaces. AG is kinda dull looking in real life. I'd get neither, but to answer your question, AG over black.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like both colors, but I'd go with black if the light gray primer one cost $8k more.

Fogcitysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a tough decision because this truck looks great in every color. What made my decision was two part: First, this is a bad ass truck and nothing says bad ass like black or red. Second, what is your personality, what fits you best? For me the answer was black. Yes its hard to keep clean, but who cares. Take it out off roading for the weekend, wash it off, then pull up to the valet (if you trust them) at a nice restaurant. BLACK.

But don't ask us, ask the people that know you what matches your style the best.

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote AG. Owned a couple of black cars that looked beautiful when clean and dull a day later.

If it's a limited use vehicle kept in a garage then maybe black, otherwise no way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CanuckRaptor

CanuckRaptor

Reaction score
would you guys still go with Black if the other truck is selling for 8K above MSRP? I know some dealers are pulling a robbery, the know the AG is rare so asking too much. Maybe for the extra 8k I can wrap my truck in any color I want lol

Last edited:

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would you guys still go with Black if the other truck is selling for 8K above MSRP? I know some dealers are pulling a robbery, the know the AG is rare so asking too much

There has to be a major difference for that much of a price diff other than color. Use the black to negotiate a better deal on the ag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CanuckRaptor

CanuckRaptor

Reaction score
There has to be a major difference for that much of a price diff other than color. Use the black to negotiate a better deal on the ag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

already talked to them, the won't discount, last AG in Canada, they said they won't sell for less

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Between the two, I say the cheaper one... I like AG a WHOLE lot better than I like black ('cause I'm lazy and prefer driving my truck to washing it), but $8k can buy a shitload of time at the car wash.