Funny how small the world is

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There must have been one hell of a 'convention of paint distributors' somewhere in the woods or motel somewhere.

Between Ford's 'Leadfoot' and Lithium and Harley Davidson's 'Gun Ship Gray along with Indian Motorcycles 'Star Silver', they ALL have that primer look. Just think it's interesting that a distinct paint color (or lack of) has made it's debut across several different companies within the same year.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's because the OEMs take a long time to make changes to things like color. And they've been watching their markets and they've seen how people have migrated to new/different dark grays and blacks (including wraps). It took them some time but they're here with those colors meanwhile the markets are probably changing again.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The thing that gets me is red and blue are the only two "colors" available on the Raptor. How many different shades of black and white do people really need to choose from?

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing that gets me is red and blue are the only two "colors" available on the Raptor. How many different shades of black and white do people really need to choose from?

100% agree. Why isn't there a green Raptor? Bring back Molten Orange. Ford is lacking in the color department imho.

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That light primer grey color has been a very popular color in the aftermarket for the last year or so. Very popular at last years SEMA. I fell in love with Nardo Grey after seeing this.
img_9565_2048px.png

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jeep also has a similar non-metallic gray.

2017-Jeep-Renegade-7012011.jpg

17lbraptor

Reaction score
Is this a new color trend or are they just going cheap and clear coating the primer? :ROFLJest:

Lol. I can see the bean counters and corporate execs meeting about this. Lets offer option 15b primer only. It will be a 2500 dollar option. We will call it a very limited and exclusive run. Everyone will want it and it saves us millions we don't paint the trucks and charge for the option!! We will tell them in a press release it disrupts the assembly line and we have to charge a small fee to compensate.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some colors use to be for one auto company only. Now they all have some of the same colors at the same time. Kind of a bummer.