Diff fluid change before 100k?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jkysh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Taking delivery on a 2014 Screw this Thursday and while it is at the dealership I am wondering if it is worth having the front / rear diff fluid flushed.

The service dept tells me the original fluid is good until 100k miles but I am thinking while it is there it is a good use of $170 in the grand scheme of things.

Will there be any issues with sealing the diffs or creating the potential for leaks if this is done prematurely?

Interested in the community's thoughts on this one

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally would get the diff fluid changed if you don't know the history of the vehicle.
I would make sure the truck sits a while after its done so the sealant can cure.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just had both differentials, trans, and coolant done at 65k miles, just because. Small price to pay for a piece of mind. I am planning on keeping the truck for a very long time.
Cost me $150 for both differentials (front was vacuumed out), $100 for trans service, and $87 for coolant flush.

OP
OP
J

Jkysh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and had it done. It's certified, but the diffs aren't an inspection point as they're "good" until 100k.

Truck will be here Thursday with flushed front and rear diffs, transfer csse, transmission, and fresh oil change. I can't wait to drive it

OP
OP
J

Jkysh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is en route! Ended up being driven up by the dealership rather than shipping company.

Will never use a shipping company again with future purchases. Dropped the ball on simple logistics and almost delayed delivery day by a week.

If anyone is looking for a 14 SCREW, lake ford in Lewiston PA has a nice silver one. Can't recommend their team highly enough. Entire sale was facilitated without in person interaction and had excellent communication.