2018 Gen 2 Tire Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WildClyde

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2018 Gen 2 Magnetic Screw

Door jam says 38 psi front and rear, tires say 45 psi, truck was delivered with front tires at 46 psi and rear tires at 48 psi.

Advice please.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@WildClyde
door jamb shows the “recommended” pressure. this, plus you owners manuals provides guidance on what pressure to run. 38 is the recommended value from Ford, when you go to Raptor Assault, they will tell you that slightly lower allows for a little more compliance, especially in an unloaded rear end.

Last edited by a moderator:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
They ran 32 front and 28 rear at Raptor assault.

Rec 38 for street driving.

that is lower than when I was at R/A, but it’s probably a learn as you go effort. I went in April and they did say they were still experimenting but were working (then) with I think 36 F, 34R lowest. I have to confess that I’m more familiar with running street pressures, I think the lowest I’ve run on bikes was 27(?) and that was for track work. cars / street tires at low to mid 30’s but off road, there could be a legit need or use case for lower pressures.

psufan

Reaction score
When I picked mine up from the dealer on Saturday, the tires were all at 42psi. I put about 1100 miles on it driving it home, and the ride was great. I'll try lowering them to 36-38psi this week and see if I notice a difference.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine were at 50 on all four corners when I picked it up from the dealer! I don't recommend that. I'm running about 36 now and it's much better.

When I was a Raptor Assault, I also heard them say they're running 32 up front and 28 in the rear, and that seemed to work nicely off-road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At press conferences for really aggressive off-road (with newbie drivers) they ran 28/22. Door jamb of 38 is right, but others have been running 36 and 37 and convinced me to try...been running 37/36 and it is a bit better all around

Rancid

Reaction score
Picked up my 2018 with 44+ psi in all the tires. Have since lowered to 38 everywhere and it makes a noticeable difference in ride quality.