The 2018 SnoBall 1/12-15/2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll need some new rear ambers. Not sure how I want to do it. I really don't want to drill into the ARE cap.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Check out some 3m vhb tape. That stuff is super strong as long as you prep the surfaces well and have the right tape for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ambers are ready

IMG_20170814_1833356.jpg

And I'm set for my HAM exam in about 2-3 weeks. My radio arrived the other day, I went with a handheld unit because I'm not ready for a permanent install, hopefully it still works well. Its a high power 8w Baufang.

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll need some new rear ambers. Not sure how I want to do it. I really don't want to drill into the ARE cap.

Can you utilize the third break light mounts in the cap to mount some lights? Swap it out quickly at the hotel when you get there and when you leave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
YukonJoe,
Alternative Offroad sells a suction cup kit for mounting LED whips. I've seen the set up and the suction cups hold amazingly well...
Of course with sub zero temperatures I can't be sure if they'd still be pliable enough to stick.
Make a flat mount and use 3M automotive double sided trim tape? Easy enough to remove later, and no worries about ice crystals breaking the adhesion...
Eddie

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So @Yukon Joe which one of the bambinos is going to be your co-driver???
@RaptorWifey will be my copilot of course! She may not pump the gas, or clean the windows, but she is the best damn navigator I know. :driver:

I think it's because she likes to tell me where to go.... lol
:wizsmile: