More power tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and just as an FYI.

Heat soaked after a day of runs it still put down 90 at the wheels over stock baseline on a cold run. The baseline heat soaked run was 297 vs stock baseline 360 on a cold run. It put down 153 over at the wheels over stock when both heat soaked.

Feels about right from the seat of the pants.

Got the all clear to drive her based on my logs.

I'll review over the weekend

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and just as an FYI.

Heat soaked after a day of runs it still put down 90 at the wheels over stock baseline on a cold run. The baseline heat soaked run was 297 vs stock baseline 360 on a cold run. It put down 153 over at the wheels over stock when both heat soaked.

Feels about right from the seat of the pants.

Got the all clear to drive her based on my logs.

I'll review over the weekend

153 over at the wheels max or peak gain? And is this hp or tq? I'm assuming torque in mid-range with tune is much higher than stock tune. Do you happen to have dyno graph comparing stock vs MPT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baseline cold run horsepower. 360
Baseline heat soaked horsepower 297
Tuned run (heat soaked) horsepower 450 (the assumption is that it probably would put down more if it wasn't cooking by the time they did their last run.)

I don't have torque numbers and I'm told a dyno graph will be posted soon to their site.

Keep in mind I'm just sharing what their techs told me. I can't prove or disprove any of it and in no way am I affiliated with them. I'm just a customer who bought their tunes.

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baseline cold run horsepower. 360
Baseline heat soaked horsepower 297
Tuned run (heat soaked) horsepower 450 (the assumption is that it probably would put down more if it wasn't cooking by the time they did their last run.)

I don't have torque numbers and I'm told a dyno graph will be posted soon to their site.

Keep in mind I'm just sharing what their techs told me. I can't prove or disprove any of it and in no way am I affiliated with them. I'm just a customer who bought their tunes.

Awesome. I wonder how this tune reacts to the adaptive cruise. If you have this option on your truck, give it a shot and report back, please!

Looking forward to hearing additional feedback as you log more miles. I've been hesitant on a tune since I've heard mixed things about 5star, but this sounds very promising.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome. I wonder how this tune reacts to the adaptive cruise. If you have this option on your truck, give it a shot and report back, please!

Looking forward to hearing additional feedback as you log more miles. I've been hesitant on a tune since I've heard mixed things about 5star, but this sounds very promising.

I'm going to try adaptive cruise tomorrow.

With my other tune it would surge up and down. It was really annoying.

Also.... the shudder I had with the AC.... so far... gone.

Why? No idea. The truck runs so much smoother and even the idle is quieter. I need some real drive time... but I am on the verge of being totally blown away by them.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the new tunes are more suited to your driving. Did you use the n gauge to install them?
I have the N gauge and tunes from 5 star as well, but would be interested in trying some of the tunes from mpt as well if they make the transmission smoother. Would be much easier if I'm easier to use the same tuner as well.

Hope that more time in the seat makes them feel even better.

I'm going to try adaptive cruise tomorrow.

With my other tune it would surge up and down. It was really annoying.

Also.... the shudder I had with the AC.... so far... gone.

Why? No idea. The truck runs so much smoother and even the idle is quieter. I need some real drive time... but I am on the verge of being totally blown away by them.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waiting on my tunes to be sent back to me! I'm guessing Monday now. Can't wait!

I saw something on their site showing 3 tunes for $300. Does that price include everything you need to do the install and get up and running on their tune(s)? Is there anything that physically needs to be installed or wired other than connecting a device to a port? Is the device to do the install included for $300$ Finally, with their "93/91 PR-X - No Trans Tuning", will this tune still use all ten gears and revised shift logic while retaining the softer factory shifts, or does it leave the transmission shift logic 100% stock?

Last edited:

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw something on their site showing 3 tunes for $300. Does that price include everything you need to do the install and get up and running on their tune(s)? Is there anything that physically needs to be installed or wired other than connecting a device to a port? Is the device to do the install included for $300$

$679 for the N Gauge tuner and 3 tunes.