Invoice details here (full matrix, not just single vehicle)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braptorin

Reaction score
Has anyone posted the full invoice and MSRP details for all Gen 2s? I'm sifting through the forums and honestly can't find enough information to piece it together. From what I can tell this should be simple:

* 2 model years so far (which only differ by $500 from what I can tell)
* 2 sizes (SCAB v SCREW)
* 3 packages (800A, 801A, 802A)
* 12 yes/no paid options (from what I can tell they invoice the same on all sizes)
* 1 yes/no that doesn't cost anything (California Emissions)

With that succinct info people could trivial figure out their invoice and MSRP costs without copious back and forth pricing and searching... just like RaptorFinder.com (sooooo clean and simple, I love it!).

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to be negative because I truly wish you all the luck in the world, but knowing how much exactly the dealer is making will only make you feel worse.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't want to be negative because I truly wish you all the luck in the world, but knowing how much exactly the dealer is making will only make you feel worse.

Dealer making $5k on a $70k truck doesn't make me feel bad. I don't work for free and neither should he. It doesn't get much better in retail than a 7-8% markup.

OP
OP
B

braptorin

Reaction score
Dealer making $5k on a $70k truck doesn't make me feel bad. I don't work for free and neither should he. It doesn't get much better in retail than a 7-8% markup.

Exactly! I work in an industry where "fee transparency" has been a longstanding issue (the industry is shifting from opaque to transparent, which is net good for the quality of the product, all around). Knowing more information never makes me feel bad, it makes me *able to make more informed decisions* . I have no problem with people getting paid for their work, I just want to know what their take is. I know that will be hard to fully understand given holdbacks and whatnot, but I say it is still worth trying!

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the stealership as whole doesnt make sense. they have a loop hole monopoly on the new vehicle market. its complete garbage and not a free market system.

thats one reason why i dont buy new vehicles anymore.

and just as a rule of thumb, you know you are getting ****** by the dealer. when they say ok. doesnt matter what you think you talked them down to and they agree. as long as they agree, you lost money.

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget hold back. It's about 3 1/3 percent of invoice, less D&D and fuel charge. The original ordering dealer gets this money back from Ford once the vehicle is sold. My 2017 SCREW had an invoice cost (NOT MSRP, invoice) of 64,519. The dealer got 2,046 returned to them from Ford as hold back money. If a dealer "trades" or sells a new vehicle to another dealer, the original ordering dealer still gets the hold back.

Last edited:

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think my post came across wrong. I paid MSRP and Im totally fine with that. If someone thinks they are going to run into a dealer armed with invoice pricing sheet and get a close to invoice deal then good luck is all I was saying. You will most likely leave disappointed unless you buy several vehicles from this particular dealer or you are related to them in some way.

Doesn't hurt to try to get a better deal (especially on a '17) but I paid the MSRP for my 18 and didn't think twice about it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

braptorin

Reaction score
I just put all the options into a spreadsheet with invoice next to MSRP and I've already learned something interesting (presuming the Edmunds data is accurate): MSRP margin is essentially 8% across the board, regardless of feature (that's probably obvious to some, but I didn't know it!). That means I'm paying the same markup for a sticker on the hood as compared to the moonroof.

For me, that's useful info because I want a SCREW with all the functional options and zero of the cosmetic/style options. If I knew dealers were making all their money in one category or the other, I might behave differently when attempting to negotiate.

As it stands the MSRP total of the cosmetic options is $3,720 (Hood Graphics, Exterior Graphics, Interior Accent, Carbon Fiber)*. Given that cross country shipping a new vehicle is approximately $1500 (source: searching the forums) it is worth it for me to find someone who'll do MSRP and ship to me with my exact packages instead of just saying "f#$k it" and buying a loaded local model that has stuff I don't want to pay for.

* I'm not counting the Tailgate Applique since I'm looking at a 2018 and as I understand it that's no longer actually optional.

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your reasoning seems solid but as expected buyers of stripped or low optioned trucks are probably not as likely to entice a dealer to "waste" a precious allocation on a special order as they are essentially throwing away the opportunity for money from another buyer that wants more add-ons.

I wouldn't spend money on transport just to get a lower optioned truck. You might as well sink that $ if necessary into an option on a local one that would net you a tiny bit more resale value later. Something hard to add like tech pkg etc. makes sense.