GEN 2 Whipple Performance Upgrade Kit and Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whipple Performance Upgrade Kit and Tune!

I just wanted to get this out there:

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=439

Whipple, known for its industry leading upgrade systems and technological innovations, has now brought the same technology to the 2015-2017 3.5L V6 F150, 2017 Raptors and the 2015-2017 Mustang 2.3L with the Whipple Stage 1 systems.

The F150 and Raptor stage 1 systems couples the Whipple Mega Cooler, roto molded high velocity cold air intake and industry leading custom calibration to make an amazing 150* foot pounds of torque and 70* horsepower more than stock. Even better, at 3500rpm, the system produces over 180 foot pounds of torque over stock giving more power under the curve for incredible throttle response.

The Whipple Monster Cooler offers 54% greater volume and 8% more surface area. The bar and plate type intercooler features offset fin on both the cold and hot side, allowing for increased cooling capacity while fitting into the stock packaging, yet significantly out performing the stock cooler. Test show a 90 degree (F) drop in temperature just on the dyno, yet even bigger gains are shown during real world applications. The colder air allows increased spark advance and more O2 to the engine, resulting in more power while maintaining safety.

The Whipple high velocity air intake system boast the CAD driven, CFD modeled rotor molded plastic air intake that maximizes air speed while reducing inlet restrictions. The air system features the velocity stack gauze those filter with extra wide pleats, giving the air filter the capacity to flow over 132% more air than a stock paper filter.

The Stage 1 system heart and soul is the industry leading calibration. Whipple and it's Ford calibration team worked feverishly using advanced tools to develop a calibration that could maximize power while being legal and safe at the same time. After countless dyno and real world testing in multiple environments, the engineers were able to extract massive levels of torque and horsepower yet maintaining factory type safety settings.

The Whipple Stage 1 system is the first and only 50-state legal Ecoboost complete upgrade package available today (CARB pending), allowing for upgrades in all 50-states. No cutting or grinding required.

Installation Time: 2.25 hours

*Flywheel power ratings with 93 octane. Power levels may vary depending on octane and conditions.

**2017 F150/Raptor PCM's must be shipped in for recalibration

This is a no brainer, 80 RWHP gain for $2,000. That is around 575 fwhp +/- depending on what Dyno and fuel and altitude

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, don't own a jenny.

I only run Whipple's Tune. Trust them 100% that the numbers they post are real, I was evolved with every Tune revision.
And not just videos with no real data.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll point out it's only a Tune, larger intercooler and modded CAI.
This is Stage 1, who knows what the future will bring.
Also, it's the highest numbers I've seen on the internet but I'm not looking either so if you have other proof, please post.

And....It will never have numbers like the 3.5L GT

Last edited:

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect to see the same numbers increase even from gen 1 eco's WRT tunes. Not because the engine won't produce the power, but because of the intended use of the truck.

There were eco tuners pulling 100hp with just a tune but those would be street only tunes - they wouldn't survive in the dirt.

psufan

Reaction score
Isn't there usually a dyno plot for these kits? Would like to see what the increase in the area under the curves looks like.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see they change the HP from when they first released the news to what it says now.
70 RWHP is now 80 RWHP

That's close to what a 6.2L Roush Stage1 gets.

Last edited:

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score