Raptor Assault chase racks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the chase racks that adorn the Raptor assault trucks (with the number plate) made in house by FP or are they available somewhere as aftermarket?

PGP24302-30-1200-800-61.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Was wondering the same thing. I bet a local shop makes them for them. Wondering to whoever went to Raptor Assault if these racks carry a 2 ton jack and a place for a 5 gallon jug and toolbox? It looks like it just carries a spare tire but surely it has more functionality?

Seartrip

Reaction score
Correct, Impulse Offroad. One of the Raptor Assault instructors, John, is part of Impulse. I think he owns it. I talked to him about it when I was there.

IIRC correctly, the chase racks were mainly to mount a tire and mount the dust lights. But the welds, fit and finish looked very good.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct, Impulse Offroad. One of the Raptor Assault instructors, John, is part of Impulse. I think he owns it. I talked to him about it when I was there.

IIRC correctly, the chase racks were mainly to mount a tire and mount the dust lights. But the welds, fit and finish looked very good.

What is the advantage of mounting a stock wheel in the bed? I get it for oversized tires that don't fit under the bed. Do these guys flat often enough that they need easier access?

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the advantage of mounting a stock wheel in the bed? I get it for oversized tires that don't fit under the bed. Do these guys flat often enough that they need easier access?

Less chance of dragging it on a rock and yes ease of access.

D

Deleted member 12951

I carry a spare in the bed and the spare under the bed. I have never had an issue with the spare under the bed dragging on anything. Personally the tire in my opinion helps protect the rear. Otherwise the only item to catch without is the bumper and I have seen guys tear their bumpers off. I have torn off the trailer plug and the lights I had under the bumper even with the spare under there. I plan on keeping the spare under there.

Now I have had plenty of flats, plenty! It is extremely useful to have easy access to your spare as sometimes trying to get your spare from underneath when on a trail is a royal pain in the ass. Later when we get to a spot that is better and we have time or at camp or parking lot will then put the flat underneath and move the good spare in the bed for the next flat.

Of course if it can be repaired or patch do that but I have taken my sidewalls out too.

I did relocate my trailer plug into the bumper.

999e8725bbe96c8d0ed6e6904a222d7d.jpg

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I carry a spare in the bed and the spare under the bed. I have never had an issue with the spare under the bed dragging on anything. Personally the tire in my opinion helps protect the rear. Otherwise the only item to catch without is the bumper and I have seen guys tear their bumpers off. I have torn off the trailer plug and the lights I had under the bumper even with the spare under there. I plan on keeping the spare under there.

Now I have had plenty of flats, plenty! It is extremely useful to have easy access to your spare as sometimes trying to get your spare from underneath when on a trail is a royal pain in the ass. Later when we get to a spot that is better and we have time or at camp or parking lot will then put the flat underneath and move the good spare in the bed for the next flat.

Of course if it can be repaired or patch do that but I have taken my sidewalls out too.

I did relocate my trailer plug into the bumper.

999e8725bbe96c8d0ed6e6904a222d7d.jpg

Really good points. I have dragged my spare on the ground and rocks - it's easy to do if you off-road but having it there is good - it helps protect the bottom and rear (in rear end collisions) and the weight is low in the truck. I get the 2-spare tires in the bed look but if I was to carry a 2nd spare the first would be under the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk