Is this a good price for a 2017 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGuac

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and also new to pick-up trucks, having only ever driven sedans and SUVs.

Anyway, I liked the Raptor looks, am big into sports cars, and needed something that will get me through some bitter and snowy northern Midwest winters.

The dealer is offering a fully loaded blue raptor at MSRP. Is this a good price nowadays or are they going for lower now that the 2018s are out?

I've seen YouTube videos about its performance in snow and just want to also make sure that the truck does in fact perform well in snow. Thanks.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MSRP on 2017's is now the normal. My guess is he had it with additional dealer mark-up and couldn't sell it and is now nervous with 2018's being delivered. Personally, I would try to get a 2018 at MSRP or try to get him to go under MSRP.

It's all supply and demand so the trucks options, dealer location, etc all play a roll.

Boosted1

Reaction score
A salesman at the Tomball dealership in Houston was offering msrp orders for 18s. I don't know if the offer still stands. As for a 17, you can get one under msrp. I bought mine at $1500 under msrp back in June from Access in CC Texas.

Domoic

Reaction score
I am also interested in the performance in the snow question...does anyone have any opinions or links they could share?

Thanks

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I would like to congratulate @Boosted1 for scoring a great deal.

as to snow, there are legion of 2017 owners here who successfully campaigned the remaining winter months on FRF. I myself am weary and tired of snow, and bought the Rap as insurance against snow and am happy to report that insurance paid off. Not a flake since buying the Rap.

The best I can report is some not so candy ass rain. The Rap has good road presence, good awd / 4wd traction and predictable road manners. However, you can easily underestimate the power and break the tires loose in compromised traction. Electronic nannies should keep you from making a mess of things.

MSRP is a good deal on a Raptor, obviously it’s not the best deal, it’s about the going rate.

OP
OP
T

TheGuac

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. They at first wanted 10k above sticker but I got them down by standing my ground.

I'm thinking 2018s will be harder to get at MSRP right now. It's my first truck so it kind of scares me, but it should be ok to use in town and whenever the roads are dangerous.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. They at first wanted 10k above sticker but I got them down by standing my ground.

I'm thinking 2018s will be harder to get at MSRP right now. It's my first truck so it kind of scares me, but it should be ok to use in town and whenever the roads are dangerous.

It's a great truck, but don't let that fool you into complacency when the weather turns to shit. I've seen way too many flipped 4x4s and SUVs because their owners wrongly assumed they didn't have anything to worry about. Far and away the most important vehicle related aspect to maintaining control is the quality of your tires.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am also interested in the performance in the snow question...does anyone have any opinions or links they could share?

Thanks

Based on the Youtube video's I've watched, the K02's aren't all that great in snow. I would probably invest in some snow tires if you'll be driving around a lot in snow, or at the very least add some weight to the bed.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
remember the gen 2 now has the 2speed transfer case that has been standard on every 4x4 f150 in lariat or above trim for years. 4a is really nice in any poor weather.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would like to congratulate @Boosted1 for scoring a great deal.

as to snow, there are legion of 2017 owners here who successfully campaigned the remaining winter months on FRF. I myself am weary and tired of snow, and bought the Rap as insurance against snow and am happy to report that insurance paid off. Not a flake since buying the Rap.

The best I can report is some not so candy ass rain. The Rap has good road presence, good awd / 4wd traction and predictable road manners. However, you can easily underestimate the power and break the tires loose in compromised traction. Electronic nannies should keep you from making a mess of things.

MSRP is a good deal on a Raptor, obviously it’s not the best deal, it’s about the going rate.

Don't forget 4 Auto. AdvanceTrac mode! One of the great things about the Raptor is the choices we have...

Raptor-terrain-modes.jpg

The all-new Ford F-150 Raptor features six terrain modes designed to handle the most demanding terrains. From off-road rock crawling and desert running to on-road sport mode, Raptor is ready for any type of driving. Here’s a breakdown of each mode.

Normal
For everyday on-road driving duties, normal mode is a perfect balance of excitement, comfort and convenience.

Sport
Mountain passes are no longer just for Mustang, thanks to Raptor sport mode. For spirited on-road driving, sport mode increases throttle response and provides a sportier steering feel – along with quicker shifting. The transmission holds gears longer to keep you in the power band.

Weather
When road conditions are less than ideal, weather mode inspires confidence without compromising driving pleasure. Weather mode automatically engages 4 Auto. AdvanceTrac, throttle response and the shift schedule are optimized for greater confidence in slippery conditions.

Mud/Sand
For tackling trails and other off-road treks, the mud/sand setting is your best friend. 4 High and the electronic locking differential automatically engage for driving over loose or soft ground, and optimized AdvanceTrac settings help Raptor keep its footing. Steering is set to comfort, which makes it easier to navigate along tight trails and over obstacles.

Baja
Baja mode is where Raptor eclipses the competition. Designed for high-speed desert running, Baja mode places the vehicle in 4 High, AdvanceTrac is programmed to the least intrusive settings, and the throttle map is adjusted for more linear power and improved engine response to give the hardcore off-road driver greater control. The transmission has quicker shifts and holds gears longer – keeping the vehicle in its power band.

Rock Crawl
This setting is for intense off-road driving and rock climbing at low speeds. Rock crawl prompts the driver to place the vehicle in 4 Low, the electronic locking differential is automatically engaged and AdvanceTrac is set to the least intrusive settings for optimum rock-climbing ability. Throttle modulation and transmission response are optimized for greater control. Additionally, the front camera allows the driver to see what’s right in front of the truck, and it can be kept on at speeds up to 15 mph.

Along with the individual AdvanceTrac settings tied to drive modes, Raptor continues the Ford Performance tradition of allowing the driver to program the system’s settings to match conditions and skill level. The driver can reduce traction control but keep stability control on with a single press of the electronic stability control button; or, by holding the button for five seconds, the driver can turn AdvanceTrac settings off.