Installed new model TurboSmart BOV kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackEvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your saying the electronic stock BOV is better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Performance wise vs. A VTA set up, yes. The system was designed to vent internally, so removing that air from the system can cause some loss of performance. Some people really dig the sound, so if it's wort it to you .... .
There are companies that make internal venting BOV. Go Fast Bits (GFB), make an adjustable BOV so you can vary the amount of air vented to atmosphere. Kind of the best of both worlds. I don't know if they make an application for the Raptor. Just some stuff I learned from the import scene.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Performance wise vs. A VTA set up, yes. The system was designed to vent internally, so removing that air from the system can cause some loss of performance. Some people really dig the sound, so if it's wort it to you .... [emoji106][emoji106].

There are companies that make internal venting BOV. Go Fast Bits (GFB), make an adjustable BOV so you can vary the amount of air vented to atmosphere. Kind of the best of both worlds. I don't know if they make an application for the Raptor. Just some stuff I learned from the import scene.

I've had several turbo vehicles and always understood a mechanical to hold boost more efficiently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
xgardx

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had to adjust the setting on the BOV at all to make it "harder" or "softer"?
Curious where your setting was at when you received it?
The nipple is just covering the letters "har" in the word "harder".

i didn't touch it from where it was sent to me from factory, figured the option was there incase you decide to raise the boost pressure and need it to hold higher PSI, vs being more reaactive at a lower /''factory'' boost level.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Performance wise vs. A VTA set up, yes. The system was designed to vent internally, so removing that air from the system can cause some loss of performance. Some people really dig the sound, so if it's wort it to you .... .

hmmmm this is interesting to learn. I figured between the factory and aftermarket VTA, you'd be keeping the turbos spinning faster/at a higher speed, by letting the excess boost bleed out vs. reintroducing it and causing turbulance into the intake piping, especially the way it dumps back into the line at a 90* connection point/and or increase in surge time back against the intake turbine wheel vs the delay in the factory BOV.

nah_tan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did the install. Super easy! Took just under two hours and didn't even need to jack stand/lift the truck. spent most of my time cleaning the threads out of the damn boost tap to get the nipples and plug screw in there. Sounds great!

Trashguy

Reaction score
finally did mine, I had the vta mod for awhile prior to this and this is much louder and frequent.
loving it.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get a shit load of swoosh from my stock turbo setup.

I have a video posted driving and you can hear it very clearly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free