2018 Order Progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fso119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine says "220170817" so I guess ours will be build one day apart...

It kills me to read here about people placing orders a few weeks ago and already getting build dates. I placed my order in January, got shafted on a 2017 allocation and am just waiting. I figure it's going to be another 6 weeks before I'm actually driving the truck.

I wouldn't fret too much about others getting their trucks before yours. I've seen others place an order in mid-june and get a mid-July built. Our build dates are just fine. You don't want to be the first one or off the line. A month of builds gives the factory enough time to work out any kinks. They're building at capacity of 660 per week.

How fast you get your truck depends on where you live. I live about 8 miles from the Rogue Plant. My dealer is just as close. A 15 minute drive in traffic and an extra day at the dealer to get a spray in bed liner added. I opted not to get it at the factory to mitigate any change of being delayed(which sounds like it was a non-issue afterall).

I'm not too worried about getting it earlier since I'm out of town until the following week. I would have been nice to get it before I left town but c'est la vie. Waited a few months. What's a few days?

Good luck on getting your truck sooner than later.

MOGAINS

Reaction score
Ok boys I got a call Friday saying my Truck delivery was delayed. Ford Area Rep said " new DTG 9/20 and normal process will begin". Dealer had no idea what this meant. Searched my window sticker today and the Build Date and Blend is gone. The method of transp. changed form Convoy to Rail. The boxes at the top have changed as well. Anyone experience this?

I had the same thing happen to my sticker too. Before the truck was built the sticker had the date up top etc. I got a message from dealer last Monday saying it was on a train. I checked my window sticker and the numbers at the top are not there and my transport changed from Convoy to Rail also...

TigerRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to my sticker too. Before the truck was built the sticker had the date up top etc. I got a message from dealer last Monday saying it was on a train. I checked my window sticker and the numbers at the top are not there and my transport changed from Convoy to Rail also...

Thanks. Good to know the truck is on it's way.

bendensez

Reaction score
My truck was produced on 7/31 and but today the Windows Sticker is gone.

Mine was built on 7/26 and I had still been waiting for word on release and shipment as of Friday. My sticker was gone Friday morning and then reappeared later that day. Then I heard on Saturday from my dealer that it had been released and should expect it to ship soon. This probably means there is movement on your truck just like mine :)