2018 B&O Play System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
lawdog

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well., let's hope for a better review in the coming days. Until then...

son-i-am-disappoint-13927706.png

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The fact of the matter is that in either form its a stock sound system on a F-150 not a Burmester on an Benz S600.

Im no audiophile but the Sony system is fine by me. Not something im willing to throw money at...

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fact of the matter is that in either form its a stock sound system on a F-150 not a Burmester on an Benz S600.

Im no audiophile but the Sony system is fine by me. Not something im willing to throw money at...

Agreed. Once I set the eq with the proper treble, bass
, Mid bass it is quite fine. You just cant max out the bass and expect it not to clip at high volumes.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
90% of the benefit will be in not having the Sony sticker on the center speaker.

After all, if you're going to do a labeling exercise on your sound system, and the best you can do is "Sony", you have failed.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new B&O speaker cover sits up in the dash. It looks like an add-on and not OEM. I own several Sony products and while they aren't top of the line, none of my televisions or speakers have EVER failed in the last 15 years, I've been through 2 high end Samsung TVs and one Samsung audio system. I think Sony is a pretty good house brand for the average user. B&O should be better, but it's probably not.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Sony tv I've had for 4 months just got replaced because it died. Sony did send me a new 65 in to replace it. But Sony still crap

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Sony tv I've had for 4 months just got replaced because it died. Sony did send me a new 65 in to replace it. But Sony still crap
So you had one bad experience and the company did right by it, but it's crap? Whatever.

Sony isn't high end but then neither is the B&O that Ford is using. Most likely the speakers are B&O branded JBL. That isn't going to be much different than the Sony. If you want high end audio, you will need to either buy a high end vehicle from a high end manufacturer (still overpriced for what you get) or go aftermarket. For a no additional cost factory system, the Sony is sufficient and will likely last for 10-15 years without any issues. The new B&O will be around the same. The sound will never be audiophile quality. It's a Ford not a Bentley.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of course I'm not buying a Raptor for the sound system, but, all other things being equal, I'm trying to hedge a 2017 with a known crappy system vs. a 2018 that may have one I can live with better. I really don't want to spend another $1,500-3,000 on a new system. The primary issue for me with ordering a 2018 is, can I get delivery in 2017 or not? I just wanted to see if anyone knew any more than I could find out there about the B&O Play system.

If you wait for the 2020 Raptor I'm sure the sound system will be even better. Just like with every new product, the next one will be even better. Keep waiting and sitting on the sidelines telling buyers what a ****** product they bought.