Push Start install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

ASars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think u can change the button face out doesn't apear the cover snaps on over the button like the GT350 (I had a 2016 Mustang GT and swapped the button for the GT350 button)
As far as reliability I'm not sure yet haven't worked up the system so far only did the button install and he door handle. Got a suspension build in going to be knocking out next week then after that I will finish the push start kit

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think u can change the button face out doesn't apear the cover snaps on over the button like the GT350 (I had a 2016 Mustang GT and swapped the button for the GT350 button)
As far as reliability I'm not sure yet haven't worked up the system so far only did the button install and he door handle. Got a suspension build in going to be knocking out next week then after that I will finish the push start kit

Once you start install would you please take pic's and tell us electronically handicapped people what you connected and where. I've got that damn box sitting on shelf from since i realized that i need to cut into 16 different wires in my truck :ROFLJest: Good luck with install and keep us posted. Thanks

OP
OP
A

ASars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you start install would you please take pic's and tell us electronically handicapped people what you connected and where. I've got that damn box sitting on shelf from since i realized that i need to cut into 16 different wires in my truck :ROFLJest: Good luck with install and keep us posted. Thanks

will do. should be in about 2 weeks. right after the suspension work.

maxxuav

Reaction score
Hmm... This is pretty cool. I may look at 3D printing a new upfitter bezel and customize upfitter / button placement so you don't lose the downhill assist button.

OP
OP
A

ASars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... This is pretty cool. I may look at 3D printing a new upfitter bezel and customize upfitter / button placement so you don't lose the downhill assist button.

yeah thats an idea or as mentioned above the regular F-150s have the hill decent control above the radio screen so you could always swap to that bezel and retain the feature.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Plan to get cracking on the install this week. finished the exhaust, intake and full suspension swap last week on to this project now. lol gotta make good us elf my leave after all

OP
OP
A

ASars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the majority of the easy/ smaller parts of the kit installed yesterday.
2 RFID antenas installed above the drivers side, Just pulled the A pillar and the weather stripping (SuperCab) pulled back the head liner enough to fit in the FRPID antennas one towards the back of the truck one over the center of the drivers door.
Pulled out the Map Lights/Sun Roof/Sliding Rear Window controls and fit the Remote Start Antenna in the head liner in front of the Over head console. Ran all the wires down there the A pillar. Closed it back up. Wired up the shock sensor and set it up. The biggest challenge so far has been the Engine Immobilizer Bypass. the standard ford Key its to bog for the box, supposedly you can get a valet key made and its smaller and will work perfect. I decided since its Sunday and I'm finishing up my install thats not an option (to impatient to wait lol) so got out the dremmel and trimmed down the bottom of the key fobs plastic.
all thats left to day is the wiring harness (about 16 wires to wire up) then the ignition harness T Harness. Will have some pics for every one when its finished.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

36842548905_4d01459c5c_o.jpgUntitled by ASarsano, on Flickr
36842548875_251ff7b46b_o.jpgUntitled by ASarsano, on Flickr
36672091852_6f2ccf8c10_o.jpgUntitled by ASarsano, on Flickr
36703087131_e7d49dd423_o.jpgUntitled by ASarsano, on Flickr

OP
OP
A

ASars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well 90% complete taking a short brake need some wire supplies. Push start works only thing left is to tap wires for the door locks, Lights, and horn.
Fully tested it out and works great. just can't lock/unlock the doors or have the lights or horn feed back until I tap those wires.
For the Can Bus signal i tapped the obd2 connector it was key to not use a connector or tap, i simply stripped the wires and wrapped the wires form the kit onto it and tapped it off. this was a tip I found from another install video for a different product.
hers the connections you need for the Can Bus:
36846538195_51ef0ab42e_o.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-26 at 11.20.59 PM by ASarsano, on Flickr

As for the Ignition cylinder the T harness plugs right in and fully functioned with both the push start or the key to start. I was thrilled about that as i want to retain the ability to start the truck with a key should i ever have any issue with the system. I planned to hide a factory key some where in the interior for just this purpose. Unfortunately when I had the truck running and pinned the wheel one way it locked. Simple fix was to shut off the truck unplug the ignition cylinder use a pick to depress the little tab on the bottom of the cylinder, then use a key to turn and remove the cylinder. Like this the push start works and the wheel lock is disabled. I intend to try and find some diagrams of how the wheel lock works and figure out a way to cut/remove the lock so i can leave the cylinder in. For not I'm hiding the cylinder and key in a good location and can always pop it in and crank up should i have any issues.

Last edited: