Votes: 6 17.1%
  • RPG Bolt

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Leaf Spring with Bedcage

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • 4 link

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you were to do a 4x4 long/ mid travel kit on your truck which would you choose and why? Keep in mind money is a factor and this would pretty much be daily driven.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get modding vehicles including the Raptor but I do wonder why some people spend so much money for stuff that they'll only use maybe 5% of the time and even then how hard do "they" push their $70,000 truck offroad and when doing it will "they" need it or know the difference?

Most cars and trucks can do a lot more than their drivers can. (Ever driven a car on a road course? The instructors can drive their driving school vans way better on the track than can 95% of the people there in their performance cars.

It's your money so spend it how you want. And post it up here so I can live vicariously :)

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't start with a raptor, i'd start with a FX4 or similar base with the interior options I wanted, cut the back off and go full 4 link out back and center mount up front. Everything else is really just a mid travel kit.

OP
OP
roostinyfz

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my case, I have a Gen 1 paid for. I am using the truck at the dunes alot. This dune season I am building this so I don't buy a $60K rail. I am also taking it all the way to Cabo on a Raptor Run. So FYI, it will be used.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In my case, I have a Gen 1 paid for. I am using the truck at the dunes alot. This dune season I am building this so I don't buy a $60K rail. I am also taking it all the way to Cabo on a Raptor Run. So FYI, it will be used.

In that case a bolt kit or similar and a rogue cantilever kit so you can save your bed space.

D

Deleted member 12951

When are you going to Baja?

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SVC makes a lot of cool kits, the have a 4x4 18 inch long travel front and then the back has lots of options also!
Suspension upgrades can get expensive fast!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Edit: the long travel I listed was for gen 1 maybe there's some gen 2 ones also...
I searched it and there aren't any just yet!

OP
OP
roostinyfz

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When are you going to Baja?

End of October.

I did contact SVC but never heard back from them. I really want to do a four link up and I originally heard back from Rpg but never was able to get a quote from them. Corey has a couple really nice 4 Links that he is working on that I wanted to do.

I've got about $35,000 I want to spend on the suspension and nobody will call me back with quotes. I have contacted 2 other companies that I never heard back from. Out of the six companies I've contacted only one actually got me a quote. That was WOG. I figure if I can't get a quote from them there is no way my truck will be done in time for the Baja a run in October.

I did get a quote on the spot from H&M and blitzkrieg motorsports however.

Last edited:

Fat Nelly

Banned
Reaction score
End of October.

I did contact SVC but never heard back from them. I really want to do a four link up and I originally heard back from Rpg but never was able to get a quote from them. Corey has a couple really nice 4 Links that he is working on that I wanted to do.

I've got about $35,000 I want to spend on the suspension and nobody will call me back with quotes. I have contacted 2 other companies that I never heard back from. Out of the six companies I've contacted only one actually got me a quote. That was WOG. I figure if I can't get a quote from them there is no way my truck will be done in time for the Baja a run in October.

I did get a quote on the spot from H&M and blitzkrieg motorsports however.

I felt your pain. Called everyone and nobody was in a hurry to sell me a kit or do any FAB work. Amazing business practices these guys have. People with cash ready to spend and no parts in stock and no calls returned.

Figured I was on my own to install something so I did eventually get SVC to order me Fox 3.0, deaver springs and the bump kit. Although I waited over 8 weeks for the SVC parts. Bought the Camburg arms and spindles online and they showed up in 2 days. So I would look to Camburg as they seem to be the only with parts in stock and returning calls.

Need any help with the install I'm in Socal San Diego area.

Last edited:

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Backing what t_j said, start with a base model. I've got full rogue suspension, and it's great, but I would have been better off starting with a FX4. I've seen plenty stock raptors have lots of fun on runs, baja included, you don't *need* a bunch of add on parts to have a good time. Get some bumps and have a good time. Hell, get the icon setup, that's a great setup for a daily.

It's probably going to be tough to get this stuff installed by October, shocks alone are 10-12 weeks depending on the company