GEN 2 Screen has gone black?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick731

Reaction score
Hey guys, 3.5k here and this morning after starting the truck my screen is black.... I restarted but it came back black again..any thoughts or have y'all seen this before? Thanks!

Attachments

• 1502281879681147524108.jpg
    1502281879681147524108.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 68

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, 3.5k here and this morning after starting the truck my screen is black.... I restarted but it came back black again..any thoughts or have y'all seen this before? Thanks!
You could try disconnecting the battery cable for a minute or two and that should reset the system, worth a try! That seems to solve most gen 1 tech issues hahah.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

nick731

Reaction score
You could try disconnecting the battery cable for a minute or two and that should reset the system, worth a try! That seems to solve most gen 1 tech issues hahah.

oh bummer i just got my seat settings perfect lol. Ill try that and report back. Thanks!

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh bummer i just got my seat settings perfect lol. Ill try that and report back. Thanks!
I think your seat settings should be just fine, as well as all other settings, it should just force a hard reboot of the system! Hope it works out for ya.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
is the console responsive to input?

I had it do something similar one night on the way home-
no sound, no nav, no nothing. Thought it would be fixed with a restart, but I shut down, restarted, same thing. drove home, powered off and powered back on - it worked.

so mine was a gremlin.
note - I did not get as far as disconnecting the battery.

hopefully, yours is just a gremlin too

OP
OP
N

nick731

Reaction score
Hey guys, after a few hours of sitting and a restart, all is well....hopefully a one time occurance and not something that will be an issue. Thanks for the suggestions!

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes sync crashes. It should auto reset but it looks like it froze up in the reset.