Anyone order a 2018 SCAB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bendensez

Reaction score
Hey guys. I know there's a 2018 order progress thread, but I wanted to ask more specifically to those that have ordered a 2018 SCAB if they have been built and have an ETA.

I see SCREWS are landing at dealers and several people have posted that their trucks are in transit to their dealers, but I don't know if any of those are SCABs.

My SCAB was produced on 7/26 and it still hasn't been released from the factory. Actually, it was released and then pulled back. Anyways, I'm wondering if the limited number of SCABs produced (5 so far for 2018 according to RaptorFinder) and the QC checks necessary on a certain number of them is holding them up for delivery.

If you can't tell, the waiting is driving me crazy ;)

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to the ecoboost- factory production holds are the norm with it. 2017 owners suffered too since this is a half baked design. If it were me, cancel the order. The v8 will be ready soon enough and the ecoboosters won't be able to unload theirs.

Last edited:

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome to the ecoboost- factory production holds are the norm with it. 2017 owners suffered too short nice this is a half baked design. If it were me, cancel the order. The v8 will be ready soon enough and the ecoboosters won't be able to unload theirs.

LOL!!! Since when does an EcoBoost have anything to do body configuration?????????

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting that only 5 have been produced. That's the exact number that shows up on Cars.com when I do a search for 2018 Raptor SCAB's. I'm wanting a SCAB too...But willing to wait until the V8's....J/K...Mr Squatch...You crack me up!

By chance is the silver one yours that shown in the link. It's in your neck of the woods I think.

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searc...Id=28880&trId=35355406&yrId=35797618&zc=46561

Mike

Last edited:

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting that only 5 have been produced. That's the exact number that shows up on Cars.com when I do a search for 2018 Raptor SCAB's. I'm wanting a SCAB too...But willing to wait until the V8's....J/K...Mr Squatch...You crack me up!

By chance is the silver one yours that shown in the link. It's in your neck of the woods I think.

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searc...Id=28880&trId=35355406&yrId=35797618&zc=46561

Mike

It doesn't mean 5 have been produced - it means 5 are assumed to be for sale to the general public. READ THE FINE PRINT!!! The rest are special order SOLD units - such as mine! Approximately 10 % of Raptors are SCABS, and 90% are SCREWS

rdsc

Reaction score
Welcome to the ecoboost- factory production holds are the norm with it. 2017 owners suffered too short nice this is a half baked design. If it were me, cancel the order. The v8 will be ready soon enough and the ecoboosters won't be able to unload theirs.

Whats your deal man? Why do you even come to this side of the forum? All you do is shit all over the GEN 2 and all of its owners? I don't get it?

Get over it already. The V8 isn't coming anytime soon.

OP
OP
B

bendensez

Reaction score
It doesn't mean 5 have been produced - it means 5 are assumed to be for sale to the general public. READ THE FINE PRINT!!! The rest are special order SOLD units - such as mine! Approximately 10 % of Raptors are SCABS, and 90% are SCREWS

I should have read the fine print :) Thanks 1phatstang. I thought the 5 number was low. Misunderstanding on my part.

Has yours been released from the factory and is it in transit?

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the ecoboost- factory production holds are the norm with it. 2017 owners suffered too short nice this is a half baked design. If it were me, cancel the order. The v8 will be ready soon enough and the ecoboosters won't be able to unload theirs.

Sas, maybe you can help me. I'm pretty nervous about the new V8 Raptor coming out. How much horsepower will it rob from my V6? Currently I have 450. After the new one comes out will I be making 380? 250? I'm just trying to get a handle on how much slower my truck will be when the V8 comes out. Thanks!

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have read the fine print :) Thanks 1phatstang. I thought the 5 number was low. Misunderstanding on my part.

Has yours been released from the factory and is it in transit?
Mine is scheduled to be built Sat. 8/12, ETA to dealer 8/21. Didn't mean to "spew" on you. Welcome to the hood - this is my 3rd Rap.