Back in Black! (My New 17' Raptor)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdsc

Reaction score
Was waiting for the 18' but I got a call from one of my dealers that somebody backed out of their order...

Got it at MSRP with beadlocks, the 802, orange interior accent package, moonroof etc. Pretty much every option. At first I wasn't a fan of the orange accents but it is growing on me...

I'm really happy with this truck, a little over a year ago I sold my 6.2L 12' Raptor and have been regretting that decision ever since. Feels good to be back!

9NBoKXT.jpg

kAlAKcG.jpg

JqKB1mh.jpg

OP
OP
R

rdsc

Reaction score
Welcome back.

Now do tell us your opinions about Gen1 vs Gen2!

The GEN2 is definitely a more refined version over the GEN1. The suspension, the cab size/design, the seats, the different driving/steering modes, the driver user interface, the 10 speed transmission, and yes the 3.5L ecoboost. The list goes on...

I've had a love/hate relationship with the 3.5L platform (I had a 16' Limited w/EB in between both Raptors) ... I've come to accept that this is the way of future, V8's are going to continue to be phased out in lieu of efficiency and the ever looming environmental standards. That being said, I think Ford is on the right track here, I really do like how this new Raptor drives and handles. There's gobs of power and torque so it's hard to hate on it.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the new generation Raptor.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was waiting for the 18' but I got a call from one of my dealers that somebody backed out of their order...

Got it at MSRP with beadlocks, the 802, orange interior accent package, moonroof etc. Pretty much every option. At first I wasn't a fan of the orange accents but it is growing on me...

I'm really happy with this truck, a little over a year ago I sold my 6.2L 12' Raptor and have been regretting that decision ever since. Feels good to be back

I found a MSRP deal on my ideal build, except it had the orange accents. I almost backed out, but I showed interior pictures to a few friends and they said they liked it so I went for it. Now I really like it and the gray interiors look so bland. The orange accrents are also one of the things I receive the most compliments on. Orange accents sounds awful, but Ford did a really good job with them.