Fuel Treatment Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ahuelsman1

Reaction score
Do you guys think fuel treatment products are worth using? If so what product do you recomend for using in my raptor

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It shouldn't be necessary if you run a top tier fuel. But, if you decide to run an additive anyway, I'd suggest Chevron Techron. :biggrin:

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
It is 100% necessary on the ecoboost. The ONLY product that works well on the ecoboost is Chevron with Techron as mentioned. Don't bother with anything else. You should run every 1k miles to keep things working.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somebody with more experience can help out on this one, I have been told that Ecoboost motors do not like Sea Foam cleaner, that it will destroy the turbos.

Is this true and should the gen 2 community avoid it?

I love it for my gen 1, I run it through every 5000 miles, nothing works quite as well but read up on it for the gen 2 engine before trying it out!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We do not recommend or perform fuel cleaning systems on Eco Boost Engines at our dealer

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly. Do NOTHING for the ecoboost fuel system EXEPT do run the Chevron w/ Techron every 1k miles.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume by Chevron with Techron you're just referring to the actual fuel you buy at the gas station correct?

So to be clear no fuel additive should ever be used? I used to use Red Line Products in all of my V8 and it was wonderful, I was just getting ready to add some so this thread is Timely.

Thanks in advance for complete Clarity LOL

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I assume by Chevron with Techron you're just referring to the actual fuel you buy at the gas station correct?

So to be clear no fuel additive should ever be used? I used to use Red Line Products in all of my V8 and it was wonderful, I was just getting ready to add some so this thread is Timely.

Thanks in advance for complete Clarity LOL

No, run the Chevron with Techron fuel additive only. The ecoboost needs this quite often. This is what the gen1 ecoboost people swear by.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah just get gas at Chevron lol. I think other additives mess up the turbo. And ignore the resident hater, we don't exactly know if he owns a raptor or just doesn't like raptor people hahah.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
This is the only safe product to use. Recommended interval is every 1k miles so that performance is not degraded. This has many years of safe use on the ecoboost and what its owners have to use.

Attachments

• IMG_0427.JPG
    IMG_0427.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 75