Under hood, fire wall and inner fenders not painted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jes.jr

Reaction score
Can anyone else confirm they only have primer in the engine compartment ? No idea how I never noticed before. Must have been the because the ignot silver is so light. Same thing on firewall and under the actual hood.

Attachments

• IMG_7816.jpg
    IMG_7816.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_7819.jpg
    IMG_7819.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 113

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
JesJr,
The front fenders and hood are composite...won't rust. Firewall should be steel even in the Gen 2. It should have more than just primer....
Eddie

OP
OP
jes.jr

jes.jr

Reaction score
I understand about the fender and hood material. Firewall and metal fender supports are what appears to be primer as well. Can even see the red glue or sealer between them. Just looking for some silver, white or avalanche guys to take a peek underneath and report back body color or a matte primer type finish. If I remember right, my 13 black truck was a duller black under the hood but still shiny like the exterior on the firewall and supports.

OP
OP
jes.jr

jes.jr

Reaction score
Mystery solved. Every truck on the lot is primer only in the engine area. Very disappointing but normal.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is painted lightning blue but it isn't clear coated, so it's not glossy like the exterior of the truck.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 65

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine are Ruby Red. Also why is there overspray on the hood stop? That wouldn't be added until after paint. Something isn't right there.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen overspray on clips and stuff similar to this on other 2017 trucks. Wonder if scratches were covered up and they just sprayed it before leaving the factory?