RPG Collars Concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just seemed so black and white to me. How could a turbo kit kill the headlights? On top of it they never produced any evidence. It went fairly quick and painless. Chevrolet will obviously never see my business again but I think this may have been a dealership thing and Chevrolet kind of blindly trusted them.

You've left out the most important part - legal fees?

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It typically can only void the component it has a direct impact upon. So if the strut starts puking oil and or a ball joint blows out, they could say it was a result of that spacer. Dealers are independent franchises, so each dealer has some flexibility in what they deem warranty or not warranty within reason. Now if you install the spacer and the radio goes out, high probability not the spacers fault. I would guess 9 out of 10 times you would be fine with this mod. I have seen Ford void powertrain warranties for as little as CAI kits. Because anytime you alter airflow into or out of the engine you have modified it from its base hp tq values. So point is, any mod is a risk, some more than others when it comes to warranty.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like to make my life easy with mods. i buy them and take them to my service dealer to install at an oil change or other work. funny part is, so far i haven't had any warranty issues in the last 12 years of having warrantied trucks.