Installed new model TurboSmart BOV kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a TurboSmart BOV from CJ pony parts a few weeks ago, they came in a received my kit this afternoon

-new kit part # ts-0215-1371 with the right fittings/ adapters for the new Raptor, vs the old ones out there.

Install was rather easy.

TurboSmart posted a youtube video that covers install quite well.

https://youtu.be/UNVGRJ_gRlI

Took just over 2 hrs, actual work time by myself, in between time outs to handle phone calls and other interuptions.

- few notes I relized, at least for me, while doing install.

-some added time for Raptor owners taking the front skid plate down.

-i noticed in the video their vehicle does not have the dual electric cooling fan setup behind the intercooler, like on the Raptor. that added a little more difficulty / fumbling around with on the in/ out process. don't forget to remover it's wiring harness before removing the bottom plate.
* during reinstall i was able to get the two bolts just started on the intercooler bracket, then make sure all the upper and lower bushing mounts were lined up correctly, then tighted each bolt a little side by side till tightened down.

- the Evap circuit connector/adapter, this thing was a pain for me to get on the nipple coming off the intake manifold. sprayed a little silicon spray into the housing orings, still had to tap it on with a mini rubber mallet. Worried the nipple might snap at any time...

If you're is this tight too i would unplug the larger Evap tube, that is under the factory line you replace, that also has a green retaining/release clip. it gave me more room work the adapter on far enough for the retaining clip to be in place.

-I installed the CEL eliminator onto the factory BOV harness while the IC was out and there was plenty of room.

- I rotated the hose 4 clamps on two inlet side boost boots to better positions during reinstall.

besides that, it was easy as they make it look in the video.

As far as sound goes, IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!

If you're into the BOV WOOOOSHHH sound, might not be for everyone, but I for one love it!

I'd do the 5 min mod to vent the factory BOV to atmosphere, and if you like that sound but want more of it, then I say its a no brainer.

That Dude

Reaction score
Ordered a TurboSmart BOV from CJ pony parts a few weeks ago, they came in a received my kit this afternoon

-new kit part # ts-0215-1371 with the right fittings/ adapters for the new Raptor, vs the old ones out there.

Install was rather easy.

TurboSmart posted a youtube video that covers install quite well.

https://youtu.be/UNVGRJ_gRlI

Took just over 2 hrs, actual work time by myself, in between time outs to handle phone calls and other interuptions.

- few notes I relized, at least for me, while doing install.

-some added time for Raptor owners taking the front skid plate down.

-i noticed in the video their vehicle does not have the dual electric cooling fan setup behind the intercooler, like on the Raptor. that added a little more difficulty / fumbling around with on the in/ out process. don't forget to remover it's wiring harness before removing the bottom plate.
* during reinstall i was able to get the two bolts just started on the intercooler bracket, then make sure all the upper and lower bushing mounts were lined up correctly, then tighted each bolt a little side by side till tightened down.

- the Evap circuit connector/adapter, this thing was a pain for me to get on the nipple coming off the intake manifold. sprayed a little silicon spray into the housing orings, still had to tap it on with a mini rubber mallet. Worried the nipple might snap at any time...

If you're is this tight too i would unplug the larger Evap tube, that is under the factory line you replace, that also has a green retaining/release clip. it gave me more room work the adapter on far enough for the retaining clip to be in place.

-I installed the CEL eliminator onto the factory BOV harness while the IC was out and there was plenty of room.

- I rotated the hose 4 clamps on two inlet side boost boots to better positions during reinstall.

besides that, it was easy as they make it look in the video.

As far as sound goes, IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!

If you're into the BOV WOOOOSHHH sound, might not be for everyone, but I for one love it!

I'd do the 5 min mod to vent the factory BOV to atmosphere, and if you like that sound but want more of it, then I say its a no brainer.

Video or it didn't happen! Haha

D

Deleted member 12951

Did it throw any codes? I've seen mixed comments that you need a tune to tune out the bov code that this causes.

OP
OP
xgardx

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compared to the VTA mod, it seems to have a faster response than factory BOV, and is definitely louder/ more pronounced. Neither the VTA mod or the turbosmart valve have thrown a code on me yet, had about 400miles with VTA, and now 800 with turbosmart valve.

Only code is : twice now; threw the P04DB, but that's related to my CAI without the air '' silencer rings'' in place. At least from what Roush and my other research tells me.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had to adjust the setting on the BOV at all to make it "harder" or "softer"?
Curious where your setting was at when you received it?
The nipple is just covering the letters "har" in the word "harder".

BlackEvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VTA actually increases the spool time for your turbos between shifts and accel/decel. It may not be as noticable in this platform but on my EVO (2.0L) it is. Personally, I am a function over looks and sound guy.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VTA actually increases the spool time for your turbos between shifts and accel/decel. It may not be as noticable in this platform but on my EVO (2.0L) it is. Personally, I am a function over looks and sound guy.

So your saying the electronic stock BOV is better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk