GEN 2 "Bolt on 43HP" with Whipple Mega Cooler intercooler and cold-air intake system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"When it comes to the factory intercooler, it is designed to work on a totally stock truck. Start turning up the boost and running the truck hard and heatsoak may rob you of that EcoBoost power you were counting on. Likewise, the factory induction is designed to flow enough to support stock boost and horsepower levels.

“The factory induction system is certainly limited by its panel type paper filter, airbox lid and tube. The lid itself allows for tremendous turbulence. The intercooler is certainly not bad, it’s far better than previous models, but it’s a production-based core where OEM’s only target a specified goal versus extra capacity,” Dustin explained. “We were able to get 54 percent more volume while increasing efficiency with a new offset air fin we developed, achieving increased cooling capacity.”

So not only are these parts street legal, even in California, but they are also quite effective."

“The temp Delta at peak RPM is over 50 degrees Fahrenheit cooler in real world applications,” Dustin added. “The temp is also more stable on back-to-back runs or aggressive driving. The factory cooler takes far longer to recover from WOT runs, so the Whipple intercooler gives the customer more consistent power.”

Ramp Up Your EcoBoost Raptor By 43 Horsepower With Bolt-Ons

Before adding the Whipple products the Raptor had already been upgraded with a BoostMax and PedalMax from JMS Chip & Performance, as well as a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system.

“…The biggest thing is the warranty-friendly approach we use for both BoostMAX and PedalMAX. You can simply remove both products in a matter of minutes, and there is no trace of the product ever being installed.”

2017-06-21_21-17-27.jpg

2017-06-21_21-21-31.jpg

2017-06-21_21-23-26.jpg

2017-06-21_21-23-30.jpg

2017-06-21_21-25-56.jpg

Disclaimer: I'm just posting what I read. Not affiliated with either company.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plausible

"When it comes to the factory intercooler, it is designed to work on a totally stock truck. Start turning up the boost and running the truck hard and heatsoak may rob you of that EcoBoost power you were counting on. Likewise, the factory induction is designed to flow enough to support stock boost and horsepower levels.

“The factory induction system is certainly limited by its panel type paper filter, airbox lid and tube. The lid itself allows for tremendous turbulence. The intercooler is certainly not bad, it’s far better than previous models, but it’s a production-based core where OEM’s only target a specified goal versus extra capacity,” Dustin explained. “We were able to get 54 percent more volume while increasing efficiency with a new offset air fin we developed, achieving increased cooling capacity.”

So not only are these parts street legal, even in California, but they are also quite effective."

“The temp Delta at peak RPM is over 50 degrees Fahrenheit cooler in real world applications,” Dustin added. “The temp is also more stable on back-to-back runs or aggressive driving. The factory cooler takes far longer to recover from WOT runs, so the Whipple intercooler gives the customer more consistent power.”

Ramp Up Your EcoBoost Raptor By 43 Horsepower With Bolt-Ons

Before adding the Whipple products the Raptor had already been upgraded with a BoostMax and PedalMax from JMS Chip & Performance, as well as a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system.

“…The biggest thing is the warranty-friendly approach we use for both BoostMAX and PedalMAX. You can simply remove both products in a matter of minutes, and there is no trace of the product ever being installed.”

2017-06-21_21-17-27.jpg

2017-06-21_21-21-31.jpg

2017-06-21_21-23-26.jpg

2017-06-21_21-23-30.jpg

2017-06-21_21-25-56.jpg

Disclaimer: I'm just posting what I read. Not affiliated with either company.

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
43HP gains? that must be just intake and FMIC - right?
Toadster
Whipple installed the 1st IC on my truck back in Feb. 2017. I was told by Whipple that the dyno numbers he read to me were with new IC and a Mock up CAI. Whipple said that I would gain around 10 hp from the new IC, the most impressive gain was in TQ. He was very surprised and pleased with the TQ from the new IC.
Remember these were all Test numbers. You will need to ask Whipple for the final Hp/TQ numbers.
As the driver, I did notice a small gain in performance!

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Toadster

Whipple installed the 1st IC on my truck back in Feb. 2017. I was told by Whipple that the dyno numbers he read to me were with new IC and a Mock up CAI. Whipple said that I would gain around 10 hp from the new IC, the most impressive gain was in TQ. He was very surprised and pleased with the TQ from the new IC.

Remember these were all Test numbers. You will need to ask Whipple for the final Hp/TQ numbers.

As the driver, I did notice a small gain in performance!

They're quoting 80hp and peak 220tq on their website - I think with a tune?

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
They're quoting 80hp and peak 220tq on their website - I think with a tune?
Toadster,
What I would like to see happen is that we have a CA. Raptor Meet at Famosa Drag strip in Bakersfield, CA. This way we could find out how good all of the different Raptor Tunes are. This would be a lot of fun.
Auto Club Famoso Raceway

Here is what Whipple is claiming.

WHIPPLE GOES ECO
Whipple, known for its industry leading upgrade systems and technological innovations, has now brought the same technology to the 2017 3.5L V6 F150 and Raptors with the Whipple Stage 1 system.
The stage 1 systems couples the Whipple Mega Cooler, roto molded high velocity cold air intake and industry leading custom calibration to make an amazing 150* foot pounds of torque and 70* horsepower more than stock. Even better, at 3500rpm, the system produces over 180 foot pounds of torque over stock giving more power under the curve for incredible throttle response.
The Whipple Monster Cooler offers 54% greater volume and 8% more surface area. The bar and plate type intercooler features offset fin on both the cold and hot side, allowing for increased cooling capacity while fitting into the stock packaging, yet significantly out performing the stock cooler. Test show a 90 degree (F) drop in temperature just on the dyno, yet even bigger gains are shown during real world applications. The colder air allows increased spark advance and more O2 to the engine, resulting in more power while maintaining safety.
The Whipple high velocity air intake system boast the CAD driven, CFD modeled rotor molded plastic air intake that maximizes air speed while reducing inlet restrictions. The air system features the velocity stack gauze those filter with extra wide pleats, giving the air filter the capacity to flow over 132% more air than a stock paper filter.
The Stage 1 system heart and soul is the industry leading calibration. Whipple and it's Ford calibration team worked feverishly using advanced tools to develop a calibration that could maximize power while being legal and safe at the same time. After countless dyno and real world testing in multiple environments, the engineers were able to extract massive levels of torque and horsepower yet maintaining factory type safety settings.
The Whipple Stage 1 system is the first and only 50-state legal Ecoboost complete upgrade package available today (CARB pending), allowing for upgrades in all 50-states. No cutting or grinding required.
Installation Time: 2.25 hours
*Flywheel power ratings with 93 octane. Power levels may vary depending on octane and conditions.
**PCM's must be shipped in for recalibration

INDUSTRY LEADING POWER
150TRQ/80HP* peak gain over stock using 93 octane.
Over 200 foot pounds of torque increase under the curve.
Massive Mega Cooler featuring 54% greater volume then stock intercooler.
Heavy duty bar-plate designed intercooler.
Offset 14FPI on cold airflow side of intercooler.
High velocity cold air intake system for unmatched airflow.
Bolt-on performance, no modifications required.
Advanced PCM calibration using factory tools for uncomparable drive-ability and performance.
91 or higher octane fuel compatible.
Powder coated heat shield.
Unique induction whine from Whipple intake system.
Zero cutting or modifying vehicle.
Complete kit.
50-state emissions legal
*Power levels may vary depending on octane and operating conditions.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Roush CAI. Roush offers these "performance packs" with exhaust+CAI+calibration (a tune). It looks like they will add some additional horsepower but it's not like they will turn your 450 hp raptor into the 600 hp roush nightmare (check out their website). I'm pretty sure that certain qualified Ford dealerships can do the install for you. I am also in Michigan, so a guess I could take the truck directly to Roush performance. I emailed the guys at Roush last month and they said that their "calibration" will be out at the end of September so I am waiting on them. I hear that they also offer a warranty if you get their tune if you want to buy one. I'm not sure of the price. I also heard a rumor that ford performance may offer a tune and possibly it could be a Whipple tune. It seems like Whipple is beating Roush off the starting line. What do you guys think?