Width of Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordraptor101

Reaction score
I've been looking into getting a new 2017 raptor, but the only thing holding me back is the width. I am afraid that the width of the truck will make it a pain to drive and park in everyday scenarios since this will be my daily driver. For people that have driven them, is it a problem or easy to get used to?

cobra281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was my concern as well and even more so when you see in person, but drives like a dream and Ford did an awesome job designing... Good luck

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is my DD. It's definitely wide and sometimes you just have to park farther away. Scenarios where you are trying to find parking in a downtown situation can suck (we generally take my wife's little car for such a scenario). But all in all I have no regrets. It's like parking any other full sized truck for the most part.

There are seriously some parking spaces where you have a tire on each line.

Also, some drive up ATMs are stupid tight. Like, I need a spotter kinda tight.

Last edited:

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking into getting a new 2017 raptor, but the only thing holding me back is the width. I am afraid that the width of the truck will make it a pain to drive and park in everyday scenarios since this will be my daily driver. For people that have driven them, is it a problem or easy to get used to?

Watch out for running over curbs when turning to the right.

If you're coming from a sedan or SUV, it'll take a bit to get used to the larger turning radius.

Consider parking remote :)

OP
OP
F

fordraptor101

Reaction score
Watch out for running over curbs when turning to the right.

If you're coming from a sedan or SUV, it'll take a bit to get used to the larger turning radius.

Consider parking remote :)

I'm currently driving a Denali XL so I am lucky to be already used to that large turning radius, but even the raptor is a lot bigger than that car.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Mine is my DD. It's definitely wide and sometimes you just have to park farther away. Scenarios where you are trying to find parking in a downtown situation can suck (we generally take my wife's little car for such a scenario). But all in all I have no regrets. It's like parking any other full sized truck for the most part.

There are seriously some parking spaces where you have a tire on each line.

Also, some drive up ATMs are stupid tight. Like, I need a spotter kinda tight.

What about going through drive throughs?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What about going through drive throughs?

Fine. Some are tight and take the perfect approach to not kiss the curb - but who really cares about a curb in a Raptor? I've never had a real issue in a drive through.

Bank lanes, drive up pharmacies, or ATMs can be the tricky ones when you have pillars on each side. Never hit one though and never found one I couldn't go through. It's just tight at times (not all). I've had to fold in my mirrors plenty of times, but that would probably be the case with any truck. I came from a 3/4 Ram and there's not much of a difference.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing I've ever had trouble with are some drive through car washes not willing to accept how wide the raptor is.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk