Just Installed Borla Atak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Atak is being installed right now. I'll report back what I think. I had a 13 Raptor with the Corsa extreme so I'll be comparing that against stock and Borla Atak.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Atak is being installed right now. I'll report back what I think. I had a 13 Raptor with the Corsa extreme so I'll be comparing that against stock and Borla Atak.

So have had the exhaust on for about 250 miles now and Holy Shitballs Batman! This thing is LOUD! I have a pedal commander and had it on sport +2 and I had to dial that back. Every time I took off I would scare the shit out of the people around.
And as far as cruising on highway you can still hear it. I'm not sure if its drone per say or more like an audible exhaust note. And it is louder at 80 than 70. I do feel like it has gotten a little more quite with a few miles on it.
The 13 with 6.2 that I had with the Corsa extreme has nothing on the loudness of the Ecoboost with Atak.
I also have the SPD exhaust adapter too so not sure if that is making a huge difference.
So I'm going to leave it alone and put some more miles on it and see what it sounds like. Not 100% sure I will keep it if it stays like it is. I mean I love an exhaust you can hear but ********!

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right...it sounds like the s type would have been better for you. I couldn't imagine how it can get louder than what I have but I have heard the videos.
If you are wanting to go that route let me know. I will probably be selling mine soon if I don't keep it. Sounds like you might be doing the same.

OP
OP
Sungod661

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In another thread i mentioned that just for fun i reinstalled the resonator and it sounded a lot like the s type but just a little less raspier. After testing i went back to the Atak only and slowly but surely i have fallen in love with the sound, one thing i dod is
Completely disconnect the pedal commander it was way too damn loud with that, everytime
There was excess throttle sounded like a naval brigade attacking. Just the atak is great with spd adapters ....immmm loving it

CaliMagnetic

Reaction score
LOL, yea... that ATAK is pretty loud. Ive had it for little less than a week, it's growing on me. But it is no doubt VERY LOUD. Need to give it some more freeway and long drive testing, and also towing test, to see if I will keep it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free