Tech package and Radar detector guys.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just installed Max 360 with mirror tap with blend mount with tech pack and no issues so far with lane keep assist,adaptive cruise engaged.

On a side note if anyone is trying to install a mirror tap/blend mount with the tech pack the top piece of plastic that goes into the headliner there are two metal clips that hold it into place. Just use a small trim tool(plastic) and pop one side and just pull straight down from the headliner area and remove. The big piece of plastic that flushes up to the windshield will stay in place. There are two plugs, a white one(drivers side) and a black(passenger side). The white plug is the one you are going to want to tap into. The white plug has a black wire in the top of the clip, this is where you want to tie your negative(black) on your mirror tap. Under that, third wire down/bottom yellow wire, is where you want to tie your positive/red wire on mirror tap. This will allow power to the radar detector in auxiliary mode or when the truck I see started. It will not turn off with auto start/stop but will power radar detector off only when you hit start/stop button to turn motor off/auxiliary off. Don't forget to test once you tap into back of white plug but make sure you plug it back in first. Hope this helps!

THANKS for sharing this! Did you use a Mirror Tap wire with 2 pins on it to make the connection or did you use 2 wire tap connectors like this:
1568x1__23694.1294935538.380.500.jpg

Last edited:

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my tried-and-true Valentine One. I use it with my Android phone and YAV1 software and the Bluetooth module...

And I have set up custom sweeps to eliminate most false alerts, including most of the cars today. My Valentine One is now the most quiet yet effective detector I've ever had. And the V1 is the best laser detector detector on the market still. You may even save yourself a ticket if you have a fast response on the break pedal!

Great combination if you have a V1.

Check out Vortex radar.com if you want to learn how to program YAV1 to work with your phone and V1.

Trust me you will never look at the V1 again in the same manner

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ thanks for that. I just got a V1 and am having issues with falseys. I will check this out tonight. I find Audi's set it off more than anyone else. Having K40 in a couple other of my cars, (not that they are worth the money either) this is new territory.

sobiloff

Reaction score
Note that the latest firmware improves on the rejection algorithm and defaults to turning on the "junk-k" filters. I went from hitting the mute button every few minutes to maybe once or twice a day during cross-country trips. Best V1 upgrade ever!

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Note that the latest firmware improves on the rejection algorithm and defaults to turning on the "junk-k" filters. I went from hitting the mute button every few minutes to maybe once or twice a day during cross-country trips. Best V1 upgrade ever!

Now check out Vortex radar.com and utilize the Bluetooth module from Valentine research, which will cost you a few bucks, but I'll tell you that once you set up custom sweeps you can eliminate most falsies and only pick up the real deal.

You'll have to watch the videos a couple times, I did, but you can watch it and set it all up at the same time... works awesome!

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Valentine One will do upgrades to your existing older V1 unit. In my case I'll be sending mine in and they'll send me a new one for a lot less than full price simply because I'm upgrading it (mine is old enough that it can't be upgraded but Valentine One will send me a brand new unit as the upgrade).

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just installed Max 360 with mirror tap with blend mount with tech pack and no issues so far with lane keep assist,adaptive cruise engaged.

On a side note if anyone is trying to install a mirror tap/blend mount with the tech pack the top piece of plastic that goes into the headliner there are two metal clips that hold it into place. Just use a small trim tool(plastic) and pop one side and just pull straight down from the headliner area and remove. The big piece of plastic that flushes up to the windshield will stay in place. There are two plugs, a white one(drivers side) and a black(passenger side). The white plug is the one you are going to want to tap into. The white plug has a black wire in the top of the clip, this is where you want to tie your negative(black) on your mirror tap. Under that, third wire down/bottom yellow wire, is where you want to tie your positive/red wire on mirror tap. This will allow power to the radar detector in auxiliary mode or when the truck I see started. It will not turn off with auto start/stop but will power radar detector off only when you hit start/stop button to turn motor off/auxiliary off. Don't forget to test once you tap into back of white plug but make sure you plug it back in first. Hope this helps!

I just installed my BlendMount Mirror Tap Power Cords and the BlendMount for my V1. I appreciate those who did this before and shared their installation experience and info here as it came in very handy. Here's my input FWIW:

I didn't use the .040 Taps which are the smallest (thinnest) blades - some said that's what they used. Instead I used the .045 Taps as the .040's were too thin and pulled out very easily:

1.jpg

So, as noted previously:

* Remove the upper piece of plastic - the top shroud - by using plastic tools to pry it down from the roof liner. There are 2 metal spring clips inside so you just pry the upper/top shroud down and the plastic piece will come loose and you can remove it.

* The lower piece of plastic - the lower shroud is then removed without tools. There are plastic clips on each side and you can pull the lower shroud apart gently to pull it away from the windshield.

* The white plug (on Raptors with the power/auto rearview mirror) is then pulled out. I looked for a release tab, etc. but there is none - this plug just pulls out. You can then insert the Mirror Taps into the black and 2nd yellow wire locations.

* Put the shrink tube over the MirrorTap cord (I used a 10" cord and it's just barely long enough) so you can shrink tube the connections of the two MirrorTaps and the cord. Then use a zip tie (one of the 2 provided) and secure the MirrorTap cord to the other 2 cords to ensure you won't pull the wires apart when removing the cord from your radar detector.

As noted previously, plug in the white plug (before you heat the shrink tube) to ensure it works (remember to turn on the Raptor).

Then reassemble the plastic shroud by putting the Lower Shroud on first and then the Upper Shroud.

That's it. If you take your time like I did it should take about 20 minutes (or less).

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my BlendMount Mirror Tap Power Cords and the BlendMount for my V1. I appreciate those who did this before and shared their installation experience and info here as it came in very handy. Here's my input FWIW:

I didn't use the .040 Taps which are the smallest (thinnest) blades - some said that's what they used. Instead I used the .045 Taps as the .040's were too thin and pulled out very easily:

1.jpg

So, as noted previously:

* Remove the upper piece of plastic - the top shroud - by using plastic tools to pry it down from the roof liner. There are 2 metal spring clips inside so you just pry the upper/top shroud down and the plastic piece will come loose and you can remove it.

* The lower piece of plastic - the lower shroud is then removed without tools. There are plastic clips on each side and you can pull the lower shroud apart gently to pull it away from the windshield.

* The white plug (on Raptors with the power/auto rearview mirror) is then pulled out. I looked for a release tab, etc. but there is none - this plug just pulls out. You can then insert the Mirror Taps into the black and 2nd yellow wire locations.

* Put the shrink tube over the MirrorTap cord (I used a 10" cord and it's just barely long enough) so you can shrink tube the connections of the two MirrorTaps and the cord. Then use a zip tie (one of the 2 provided) and secure the MirrorTap cord to the other 2 cords to ensure you won't pull the wires apart when removing the cord from your radar detector.

As noted previously, plug in the white plug (before you heat the shrink tube) to ensure it works (remember to turn on the Raptor).

Then reassemble the plastic shroud by putting the Lower Shroud on first and then the Upper Shroud.

That's it. If you take your time like I did it should take about 20 minutes (or less).

Thanks for posting this. I was able to get mine installed following your instructions.