Any Dearborn Plant employees here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 18s are exactly the same on the exterior as the 17s. The one I saw without the appliqué did NOT have F150 stamped on it.

The tailights are exactly the same as 17 too.

Seeing it roll down the assembly line makes you realize how much better the headlights look compared to regular F150s new look.

Most Raptors were Shadow Black and Lead Foot Grey. I saw one Race Red that wasn't fully assembled yet and it looked bad ass. Lead Foot looks awesome too.

I ordered a Black one last month and my order is on hold for the beadlock capable wheels. 90 percent of the ones on the line today had the beadlock wheels, go figure.

They just shut the plant down for a few hours and sent everyone home. I guess that's normal for a model year change as they work through the changeover.

The tour is awesome, I came up here in 12 when I bought my first Raptor to see it built. Highly recommend coming up here to Rouge and The Henry Ford.

Sorry, no pics allowed

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have my suspicions as to why they did this...
1. Force all 18 owners to opt for the applique that markets FORD. (Cause no applique is ugly)
2. Cost saving measure over the F-150 badge on no applique.
3. Prevent owners from de-badging F-150 on no appique.

Yup!

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

I love hearing that about lead foot!

The 18s are exactly the same on the exterior as the 17s. The one I saw without the appliqué did NOT have F150 stamped on it.

The tailights are exactly the same as 17 too.

Seeing it roll down the assembly line makes you realize how much better the headlights look compared to regular F150s new look.

Most Raptors were Shadow Black and Lead Foot Grey. I saw one Race Red that wasn't fully assembled yet and it looked bad ass. Lead Foot looks awesome too.

I ordered a Black one last month and my order is on hold for the beadlock capable wheels. 90 percent of the ones on the line today had the beadlock wheels, go figure.

They just shut the plant down for a few hours and sent everyone home. I guess that's normal for a model year change as they work through the changeover.

The tour is awesome, I came up here in 12 when I bought my first Raptor to see it built. Highly recommend coming up here to Rouge and The Henry Ford.

Sorry, no pics allowed

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, there were a bunch of Lead Foots in there, prob even more than black. Lead Foot really looks good with the Beadlock Capable wheels. Great choice, cool to see in person.

madrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"The one I saw without the appliqué did NOT have F150 stamped on it."

Best news I've heard all day.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, there were a bunch of Lead Foots in there, prob even more than black. Lead Foot really looks good with the Beadlock Capable wheels. Great choice, cool to see in person.

My local dealer is expecting delivery of a lead foot Raptor sometime in August. I can't wait to see it.

Red2alpha

Reaction score
Applique is standard on 2018. My order summary dated 7/11/2017 shows it as $0. You can delete it according to dealership.

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the leap of faith and ordered the Leadfoot with Beadlocks. Glad to hear it looks good!

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can bet the reason they did it was for cost savings. A stamped tailgate for every F-150 versus the little decals over the long hauls going to save money...

Glad I got a 17 I don't like the applique at all. I had it on my Platinum I didn't like that either.

But I do like my painted F-150 oval in the back to match my truck

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Madrap,

Haha, I waited awhile to see a Ruby Red Screw non Appliqué make it to final inspection so I could see the tailgate up close under the lights. It was the same as a 17. No Stamp. That's a good thing.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

I took the leap of faith and ordered the Leadfoot with Beadlocks. Glad to hear it looks good!

You will be a happy man.

Did they accept your order with the beadlocks? Im getting the run around right now.

I ordered a 17 last October that never got pulled because of beadlocks and or CF. It was always one or the other needed to be deleted. I didn't change my order and waited for an 18. Now I'm told BLs are holding up my order AGAIN.