is this a good buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c0rehax

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been keeping my eye on a local dealer that has a 2014 Raptor on their lot. Ruby Red with around 46,500K miles on it. they started their pricing around $53K and have been slowly dropping it over the last month and a half. currently their at $49,900. is this a good price for the truck?

it does look a little beat on and there are a number a dings and scratches in the body.

thanks for any input

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Consider that an amazingly great price for that truck would be 40k so somewhere around 45k give or take would be a good price. The closer you get to 49.5k is a price that tells you shop around and look for one that's not dinged or beat up.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Welcome to frf and good luck with your search.

OP
OP
c0rehax

c0rehax

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input. good to know that i wasn't wrong to think the dealership was way over priced but, i guess that goes with the territory of living in Monterey.

Hedges4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been keeping my eye on a local dealer that has a 2014 Raptor on their lot. Ruby Red with around 46,500K miles on it. they started their pricing around $53K and have been slowly dropping it over the last month and a half. currently their at $49,900. is this a good price for the truck?

it does look a little beat on and there are a number a dings and scratches in the body.

thanks for any input

G1's have been keeping their value well, but the shocks fall apart fast if they're beat on badly. Low ball them as others are saying. Will save you money for the inevitable maintenance.

OP
OP
c0rehax

c0rehax

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone know how long the shocks normally last and what the cost would be to do a re build on them?

we offered them $48k about a month ago and they turned it down but, they just gave us a call the other day and want to talk about the truck again with use.

if we went forward with the truck i would get a PPI done, i don't think the dealership ever did one. what are some of the major things i should ask the tech to focus on?

thanks again for all the input, much appreciated

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're interested, I'm selling my '14 with 55k miles on it. A little more mileage than the other one you're looking at but my truck is immaculate. never been off-road, full history, one owner, etc. I'm asking $46.5k

factory options are:
*801A option package
*Power moonroof
*Tailgate step
*Front / rear view camera
*Spray-in bedliner

I've added the following:
*OEM beadlock capable wheels
*35x12.5x17 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires (installed on OEM beadlock wheels 5k miles ago)
*R1 Concepts Brakes, slotted and drilled rotors and pads (front and rear installed 5k miles ago). Huge improvement over factory brakes!
*OEM bed extender
*2 pairs of Rigid dually lights (spot and flood) mounted in front bumper
*window tint
*side window deflectors
*mirror reflector delete
*mudflaps by Vortex
*stubby antenna
*K&N filter
*custom hood graphic (oem style w/ carbon fiber "Raptor" print)
*custom 3M matte black vinyl around front grill, headlights and taillights to match hood graphic
*Bak Flip Fibermax tonneau cover
*full Weathertech mats (front and rear)
*NavTV (enables nav inputs while driving, access of front camera when not in 4L, access to rear camera at any time, etc)
*Ford OEM storage box under rear seat
*tailgate lock
*EZ lift for tailgate
*custom LED lights in the bed
*custom SVT Raptor build plate

I'd be happy to take it for a PPI and I would assume shipping would be about $1500?? Or, it could be a hell of a ride home!

Attachments

• DSC_4146.jpg
    DSC_4146.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_4138.jpg
    DSC_4138.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_4154.jpg
    DSC_4154.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_4158.jpg
    DSC_4158.jpg