Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday mine wouldn't start...weak battery, probably need to replace. Jumped in the new one.

Checked fuse 27 since I was under the hood this morning to recondition the battery. Right it's showing fine, but only have like 15K on it. Will order the kit and just do it.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the fuse27 relocation myself today . took about a hot hour here in the satans ******* (south florida). truck cranked right up. now I just have to figure out how to reset my damn clock on the navi.

Colemanater

Reaction score
This just happened to me yesterday while doing 70+ on a mountain highway during afternoon traffic. Not fun!! I wish I would have seen this sooner. I already gave the dealer a green light to do the repair ($300). It's BS that this wasn't a recall. I have filed a complaint as suggested.

Wow that sounds very familiar....there should be a lawsuit.....

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did mine as preventative maintenance/upgrade this weekend, looks like the factory fuse had been replaced once with a minifuse by a previous owner but the socket isn't melted much if at all. Ordered mine online from Livermore Ford with some other random bolts I needed (good prices and online parts book). Appreciate all the posts, the aluminum foil really helped as I did drop some solder, also I was outside with a cheapy soldering iron and was able to curl the foil to keep the iron hot even in a breeze. Got a nice gash in the knuckle trying to turn the fusebox so I could see underneath, found a rough casting on the bracket that was pretty damn sharp. Managed to melt a plastic bracket with the soldering iron but not too bad.

Attachments

• 20170812_112509.jpg
    20170812_112509.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 20170812_113110.jpg
    20170812_113110.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 20170812_120204.jpg
    20170812_120204.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 133

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a nice gash in the knuckle trying to turn the fusebox so I could see underneath, found a rough casting on the bracket that was pretty damn sharp.

That casting is really poorly finished. I couldn't stand to put it back in that way so I smoothed out all the casting marks and sanded down the flashing with a band file and sanding disk on die grinder. I sprayed it with Plasti Dip and it came out really nice

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, does anyone have the actual instructions from the fuse 27 relocation kit? I saw someone mention that they're in the FRF FB group, but I can only look through so many posts involving 'fuse 27'.

I've also searched here on FRF, but can't seem to find anything other than the TSB.

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it in .pdf. At 1.75mb it is to big for me to attach here. If you pm me an email address I will send it there.

scootr2200

Reaction score
Im will revive this a bit as I have a question for some..

For those with the Ford ESP, have you successfully had this TSB performed and had it covered by the warranty?

I just left my dealer and they were certain that if I had this performed “as a precaution” that the ESP would not pick up the tab.

I have not had a chance to look at the condition of the fuse yet but that will be done today.

Mickey