If you're interested in paint coatings I'll get you sorted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The coating never seemed good or slick. The only thing that ever made it nice was Reload. Just did a test with water on freshly washed hood without Reload. Water did not run off or bead up at all. Sprayed Reload on and wiped off with a perfectly clean orange towel that I believe I got from Car Pro, and the water beads up and runs off. I took a video of each situation (test) and would love to send it to you to get your opinion because right now I feel like I wasted $1500. Can you PM me your number?

Sent you a PM

Bruno74

Reaction score
I took a look at their site. You should be fine with them!

Are you familiar with the Ceramic Pro Strong product?

It's supposed to be used for undercoating and offers the equivalent protection of 40 layers of 9H.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you familiar with the Ceramic Pro Strong product?

It's supposed to be used for undercoating and offers the equivalent protection of 40 layers of 9H.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not. I just looked it up and I would probably not put that on a truck. The stuff is more for the industrial setting. It did say it could be used on wheels but I would imagine if you have any issues with it that need fixed it's probably a huge pain in the ass to fix.

rock342

Reaction score
Do you know somewhere trustworthy in the Phoenix area to get ceramic costing done? I know of Detail Boss in Scottsdale who will do Ceramic Pro Gold (at a price to match!), wondering if there are some others i should be looking at.

Thanks!

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know somewhere trustworthy in the Phoenix area to get ceramic costing done? I know of Detail Boss in Scottsdale who will do Ceramic Pro Gold (at a price to match!), wondering if there are some others i should be looking at.

Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply, I've been absolutely slammed the last few weeks. Check out CQuartz Finest of Pheonix! (480) 201-6270

mcmiked97

Reaction score
IGL Coatings?

Hi Trimmell and everyone, the nearest CQuartz authorized installer is a bit of a hike, but I did find another detailer who said he used to use CQuartz but moved away from them because they're difficult to apply during the colder winter months here in the Northeast. He is instead using IGL Coatings (not Kenzo yet). Do you have any experience or opinions on IGL Coatings?

Thanks!

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Trimmell and everyone, the nearest CQuartz authorized installer is a bit of a hike, but I did find another detailer who said he used to use CQuartz but moved away from them because they're difficult to apply during the colder winter months here in the Northeast. He is instead using IGL Coatings (not Kenzo yet). Do you have any experience or opinions on IGL Coatings?

Thanks!

Good evening!

I do not have any experience with IGL coatings. I tried to view their site but it doesn't load. In the winter coatings just have to be applied in a temperature stable environment. There are different blends of a coating a lot of the time based on the application temperature. Similar to why there is a CQuartz and then a CQuartz UK. The UK is for the colder temperatures and different humidity levels. I would stick with a well known brand and a reliable detailer. Coatings are too difficult to properly remove or fix if they aren't applied right. It's not worth taking the chance.

mcmiked97

Reaction score
Good evening!

I do not have any experience with IGL coatings. I tried to view their site but it doesn't load. In the winter coatings just have to be applied in a temperature stable environment. There are different blends of a coating a lot of the time based on the application temperature. Similar to why there is a CQuartz and then a CQuartz UK. The UK is for the colder temperatures and different humidity levels. I would stick with a well known brand and a reliable detailer. Coatings are too difficult to properly remove or fix if they aren't applied right. It's not worth taking the chance.

Great, thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mmacfn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all

anyone know anything about this Zurich Shield ford is pushing now? I cant seem to learn much about it

thepro8

Reaction score
Do you come through Colorado or know anyone in Colorado you would recommend?

Waiting on me ‘18 screw magnetic to show up. (loaded except graphics and accent colors)