GEN 1 Which F-150 engine would a Ford technician pick?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That isn’t a bad video and I thought the mechs would say v8 pretty much across the board. Were I in that job, I’d probably say the same thing.

EB is probably not a fun motor to work on.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its why they doing the v8 now. everybody thinks they need a v8 to go fast..

check out the roush nightmare. 4.2sec 0-60 wit roush supercharger and 5.0
more torque and hp than eco. so why didnt ford do this for gen2 ?

http://youtu.be/f5jLQv-G26E

Last edited:

Fat Nelly

Banned
Reaction score
This one will start the crybaby GEN2 war for sure.

"My fastest truck on the planet will not be humiliated by such a video so we must protect it at all cost".-Proud GEN2 owner

Hard to argue when a mechanic thinks its a pile of crap and doesn't trust it to bring them home.

OK crybabies...your turn to show just how butthurt you can get by a video like this??? it will ruin many days and they might just need to go make some more tunnel exhaust videos and 0-60 runs so they can feel good about wasting $100K

smurfslayer

Reaction score
This one will start the crybaby GEN2 war for sure.

"My fastest truck on the planet will not be humiliated by such a video so we must protect it at all cost".-Proud GEN2 owner

Hard to argue when a mechanic thinks its a pile of crap and doesn't trust it to bring them home.

OK crybabies...your turn to show just how butthurt you can get by a video like this??? it will ruin many days and they might just need to go make some more tunnel exhaust videos and 0-60 runs so they can feel good about wasting $100K

Come on, why was there any need to turn this into a tribal flame-fest? Why?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I posted it but don't think it has anything to do with HP or Torque or who is faster on the street. Stock for stock, the GEN2 is faster and with 3.0 shocks, would be better off-road. I just think mechanics choose the v8 for the simplicity over the more complicated "new" HO v6 if you had to work on it yourself.

The driver makes all the difference when off-roading so this was never intended to be a v6 vs v8 war. I've seen stock GEN1 raptors that can out do a modded GEN1's. And I am sure an awesome driver in a GEN1 could outrun a GEN2. And of course a supercharged 600hp would be able to out do a GEN2 if the driver was good. Put the same driver in a GEN2, then of course it would be hard to beat.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Because the V8 huggers have something to cling to now.

:-/ Come on HK.... let’s not contribute to that nonsense. If we want a better forum, we all have to pitch in.

I posted it but don't think it has anything to do with HP or Torque or who is faster on the street. Stock for stock, the GEN2 is faster and with 3.0 shocks, would be better off-road. I just think mechanics choose the v8 for the simplicity over the more complicated "new" HO v6 if you had to work on it yourself.

The driver makes all the difference when off-roading so this was never intended to be a v6 vs v8 war. I've seen stock GEN1 raptors that can out do a modded GEN1's. And I am sure an awesome driver in a GEN1 could outrun a GEN2. And of course a supercharged 600hp would be able to out do a GEN2 if the driver was good. Put the same driver in a GEN2, then of course it would be hard to beat.

Yup ! I saw exactly that in Raptor Assault, the F/P drivers have gen1 trucks in the fleet. They’re right quick.

I heard a lot of the ford mechanics say similar things about the 302, when the Mustang got the modular 281. Funny, the 5.0 they’re now saying they would pick descends from the V8 that back in the 90’s, no ford mechanic wanted...