GEN 2 Sto N Sho License plate modified

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=Magnetic1- "If the posts they gave you on the plate mount were longer that would work. The way it is mailed and the angle and length they give you leaves you with little choice"

So if understand you correctly, it is NOT LOWER after your bending the rods?

And if not, what was the purpose of bending it??

Thanks!

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice write up for a plate kit. I will probably look it up for my truck. On the other note, do you think you ever go back to black /gray instead of deadly orange on the grill and etc.? It, am sorry but it absolutely clashes with magnetic gray. Did you get a "D" in your art class back in the day? lol

Last edited:

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some brutal opinions here, as expected. The grill color isn't my taste, but hey, everyone has different taste. There's plenty of things that people do to their trucks that I wouldn't do to mine, but to each their own. My truck is the same color as the OP's, so at least this way we can tell our trucks apart if we ever end up in the same parking lot. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Magnetic1

Magnetic1

Reaction score
The rods actually didn't bend, they come at that angle. I bent where the frame meets the rods and headed it so they didn't snap off. It comes at the correct angle to mount it bolted to the skid plate. If you want to mount it anywhere else the angle is wrong and the plate hits the truck. I made the mount for the plate straight up and down so i could mount on the tow hook.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rods actually didn't bend, they come at that angle. I bent where the frame meets the rods and headed it so they didn't snap off. It comes at the correct angle to mount it bolted to the skid plate. If you want to mount it anywhere else the angle is wrong and the plate hits the truck. I made the mount for the plate straight up and down so i could mount on the tow hook.

Ok, I get you now. Thanks for the clarification.

Domitrix

Reaction score
I like the concept. Just ordered the hardware from CJ. The blaze doesn't clash with the magnetic but does with the yellow license plate. Tough to do anything about that except move. Original truck mod that should be appreciated for your originality.

OP
OP
Magnetic1

Magnetic1

Reaction score
I like the concept. Just ordered the hardware from CJ. The blaze doesn't clash with the magnetic but does with the yellow license plate. Tough to do anything about that except move. Original truck mod that should be appreciated for your originality.
Thank you, new York actually has a white plate also...do you think that would be better?