Opinions:. Whipple stage I

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dropped my Raptor off at Whipple so they can install Tune. I am suppose to get a copy of the Dyno. The one they did in Feb. is RWHP and RWTQ.
Stock pull. At 66 deg, it pulled 359.18 RWHP @ 5,200 rpm / 372.93 RWTQ @ 4,850 rpm.
If they allow me to share new Tune Dyno chart I will. Hope to pick my truck up Tue. afternoon or Wed. morning.

Right on... I hope they're cool with you posting it, 'cause I'm certainly excited to see it! :)

cobra281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know we're all busy, but I've noticed a trend of people that are going to post updates after a mod with zero updates... These posts start off strong but the finish, meh....

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know we're all busy, but I've noticed a trend of people that are going to post updates after a mod with zero updates... These posts start off strong but the finish, meh....

Yeah it's like 2010 all over again. People were so hungry when the gen1 came out people would follow anything.

MadRaptor65

Reaction score

Following

following..

Been following, any updates?

Right on... I hope they're cool with you posting it, 'cause I'm certainly excited to see it! :)
Hey guys, sorry for not responding sooner. When I pick my Truck up last week. I was told by Whipple Tech that in this heat wave. I would not feel the improvements. He was correct. (see Attach on Temperature and Air intensity)
I took my Truck on a road trip to Oakhurst CA. around 4pm. There was not much low-end TQ. I did a manual shift going up steep grades. I put it in 7th gear and the power was flat until around 4000 rpm's. The Truck took off through 8th. I didn't keep pushing because of traffic but the power curve was at high rpm's. Reading the Temp. density report it did make sense because in high heat the Turbo must spool faster to create power. I had an early morning appt. today. It was in the low 80's. The low-end TQ was back. I floored it, the Turbo gauge maxed out over 20 psi and broke tractions real hard 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. It will be in the mid to low 90's this week so I will drive this week and give feedback at the end of the week or early next week. Once again thanks for your patience as I learn about Heat and Turbos. see attach Turbos and Temperature.
Turbos and temperature – summer weather and turbocharger performance | AET Turbos

Last edited:

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry for not responding sooner. When I pick my Truck up last week. I was told by Whipple Tech that in this heat wave. I would not feel the improvements. He was correct. (see Attach on Temperature and Air intensity)
I took my Truck on a road trip to Oakhurst CA. around 4pm. There was not much low-end TG. I did a manual shift going up steep grades. I put it in 7th gear and the power was flat until around 4000 rpm's. The Truck took off through 8th. I didn't keep pushing because of traffic but the power curve was at high rpm's. Reading the Temp. density report it did make sense because in high heat the Turbo must spool faster to create power. I had an early morning appt. today. It was in the low 80's. The low-end TQ was back. I floored it, the Turbo gauge maxed out over 20 psi and broke tractions real hard 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. It will be in the mid to low 90's this week so I will drive this week and give feedback at the end of the week or early next week. Once again thanks for your patience as I learn about Heat and Turbos. see attach Turbos and Temperature.
Turbos and temperature – summer weather and turbocharger performance | AET Turbos

Water/**** injecton would help lower the air charge temps and boost power a bit. But another less expensive option is just to mist the intercooler with water. Between that and the evaporative cooling of the air passing over it while driving that should significantly reduce the intake air temps. I used to do this on a few imports I had while stationed in AZ back in the day.

Last edited:

racerjb

Reaction score
Where does the intercooler mount....can find any info or pictures...

Does it replace stock position or is it moved up like the Full Race/ADD one.

Thanks.