Do the OEM 3.0s have built in bump stop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it true the OEM Fox 3.0s on the Gen 2 have a built in bump stop zone in the valving?

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it true the OEM Fox 3.0s on the Gen 2 have a built in bump stop zone in the valving?

“The new 3.0-inch FOX shock adds a base valve piston that enables lower gas pressure, resulting in a more comfortable-riding truck on the road. The internal bypass in the front and rear shocks has nine distinct zones that progressively manage shock forces, allowing for smooth on-road trips along with hard-hitting off-road driving. The final zones act like hydraulic bump stops to send fluid through the top of the piston while the shock is fully compressed, preventing Raptor from bottoming out. This allows Raptor to maintain a comfortable ride, and leads to improved confidence for the driver to explore all of its extra-long suspension travel.”

The truck can still benefit from an aftermarket air bump kit in my opinion.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok. Let me clarify 1 word. The "Valving" doesn't have a bump zone. The internal bypass has different zones.

The valving is not position sensitive meaning that the piston and shims don't change relative to piston location or direction. The internal oil bypass ports allow more or less flow of oil around the piston relative to piston location and direction. Does that make sense or ??

Yes we have found that a bump stop kit is very beneficial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk