GEN 2 Ford Raptor vs King Ranch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think a lot of people get a raptor because they like the IDEA of it, when in actuality, a regular f150 would suit them better.

It doesnt tow well, the suspension is soft, etc.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Super Duty and the Raptor are essentially the same on the inside.

The King Ranch is hideous IMO - leather is nice but ugly color (again IMO) and it involves a 2-tone paint job.

And the best reason to buy a SD IMO is the 6.7 PS

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you give us any more information on how you plan to use the truck? Do you currently own a truck?

The King Ranch wont have any set backs as far as towing performance and has a good attention to detail in the interior.

The Raptor is a bit more focused in its application. It'll be faster, have a much better suspension, and be more suitable off road.

If you can tell us a bit more about your needs and wants it'll be much easier to recommend a trim that suits your needs.

OP
OP
F

fordraptor101

Reaction score
I defiantly don't plan on needing to do any serious towing, but maybe a little here and there. I don't own a truck currently so this will be my first. I'm just trying to find a powerful truck without giving up the luxury though and vice verse.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I defiantly don't plan on needing to do any serious towing, but maybe a little here and there. I don't own a truck currently so this will be my first. I'm just trying to find a powerful truck without giving up the luxury though and vice verse.

raptor 802a if you are into getting dirty with it.
king ranch 601a if you want mid line lux with out getting stuck easy off road.
limited 900a if you want top of the truck line lux and don't care about payload or towing heavy.

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Are you coming from a very luxurious car?

It's your decision but it does drive different to a normal F150. I would try and test drive both and get a feel for the interior differences. I don't know how much of a factor this is but a loaded raptor vs a loaded King ranch will have a decent price difference. The raptor is going to be in the 65-70k range where the king ranch looks to be in the 58-60k range.

The raptor can handle moderate towing. I think if by powerful you mean you don't have to worry about your future towing needs you should look more at the King Ranch / non raptor trims.