Best Rust Proofing Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Vince,
Aluminum corrodes; Plenty of chewed up Land Rovers out here by the ocean. If you use POR 15 make sure you top coat it...it is NOT UV stable!
As Metalman in the Adirondacks says "Rust never sleeps"; the same is true for corosion!

Eddie

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used cosmoline heavy military grade on the entire undercarriage after first converting, priming, and painting the rear end. Then, I used cosmoline black on the rear wheel wells.

J. Wolfe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Being from Michigan and working for a Municipality, and seeing first hand how much salt is applied to the roads, and how much damage is done to the equipment that applies it, I went with Ziebart with the yearly check up. After three winters it still looks great.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used cosmoline heavy military grade on the entire undercarriage after first converting, priming, and painting the rear end. Then, I used cosmoline black on the rear wheel wells.

I went with the cosmoline mil spec too. Even though we don't get all the salt on the roads like up North.